Test Kit Reviews

lewiss

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok, this is for the resource centre, but I would like all of your imput. Please try and keep chat to a min!! Please!!

We get a lot of questions on what test kit people use. There quite a few on the market. So can you all fill in your opinions along the lines of below

Test kit you use and for what? (might use dif kits for dif tests)
Test kits trialled?
Why you use your test kit?
Any other comments?

Test kits you have found are bad and why?

Test kits you have good and why?

Thanks guys!! Lewis

Ok, this is for the resource centre, but I would like all of your imput. Please try and keep chat to a min!! Please!!

We get a lot of questions on what test kit people use. There quite a few on the market. So can you all fill in your opinions along the lines of below

Test kit you use and for what? (might use dif kits for dif tests) JBL Marine Testlab
Test kits trialled? API / Salifert / JBL
Why you use your test kit? Super easy to use and accurate. Very easy to read.
Any other comments?

Test kits you have found are bad and why? API seems unreliable compared to others.

Test kits you have good and why? Salifert i would recommend but JBL Testlab is the best i have used.

Thanks guys!! Lewis

I have results for API vs Salifert, I will post them in the coming days. I performed them with reference solutions to determine accuracy and precision on test kits from 3 different batches from either manufacturer.

I have results for API vs Salifert, I will post them in the coming days. I performed them with reference solutions to determine accuracy and precision on test kits from 3 different batches from either manufacturer.

Look forward to seeing the results of this Salifert vs API war! :lol:

I'm a Salifert man myself. Accurate and easy to use!

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, but remember what I had said about LFS reviews in that thread? Same applies here. So... Do your research & just bear in mind that the mod team is in the process of discussing the legal aspects of posting product & lfs reviews. Test kits fall under "product". Again great that you want to do this work, but let the mod team discuss some things first before you go crazy posting.

Now, go post in my journal & tell me how wonderful I am. :lol:

Liz

Most reactions

Back