Tesco Playsand Vs Argos Playsand

Why ask the question if you the turn round and say that you think it's all the same?!

argos playsand is a really white colour. Not sure about tescos, but B&Q, homebase and focus are all slightly darker. just in case colour mattered!

Why ask the question if you the turn round and say that you think it's all the same?!

why not read the posts correctly and you will see i was refering to the shape of the sand in response rich's comment about looking at the grains. As we all know, sharp edges damage barbels on corys and i cant see why KIDS playsand would be sharp in anyway. But you would have known that wouldnt you :rolleyes:

argos playsand is a really white colour. Not sure about tescos, but B&Q, homebase and focus are all slightly darker. just in case colour mattered!

argos and homebase sell the same stuff - they are the same 'chain' ;)

argos and homebase sell the same stuff - they are the same 'chain' ;)

When its that fine it dosnt matter if the edges are sharp or not ;)

I'm not gonna argue over sand but you asked if the Tesco one was as safe as the Argos one then in your next post say that they are just the same so in theory they would both be fine for Cories.
As smithrc said that if the sand is fine it won't matter what shape the grains are. I can and did read the post correctly thank you.

Why do you have to be funny saying that i would know that?! Its rude.

I'm not gonna argue over sand but you asked if the Tesco one was as safe as the Argos one then in your next post say that they are just the same so in theory they would both be fine for Cories.
As smithrc said that if the sand is fine it won't matter what shape the grains are. I can and did read the post correctly thank you.

Why do you have to be funny saying that i would know that?! Its rude.

im very sorry but making a post such as

FroggFrogg said:

is rude !! look at the way your post reads. Im a human being and in a non-totalitarian society i have every right to ask whatever question i wish no matter what anyone thinks of it!

Maybe i could have been more specific in my answer to rich and stated that they are the same as in PLAY SAND. I do not have the faintiest idea if they are made by the same company and packaged up differently or not. However, Rich knew what i meant and given it was in reply to his post, im happy with that. And if you do not wish to argue over it, then why make an additional post ??

Anyway, off topic abit there folks, but i have used the sand and i came down this morning to find one of the bronze corys half hiding in it LOL !

you wait till they have a good night of foruging...
our tanks looks like the surface of the moon some days :)

you wait till they have a good night of foruging...
our tanks looks like the surface of the moon some days :)

LOL. Its weird how i have used the same sand in 2 different tanks, but because they have 2 different lights in them, the sand looks a different colour :)

do any of your tanks have tannin water :)

we can tell its time of a major water change in our kitchen tank when the sand looks too yellow :)

do any of your tanks have tannin water :)

we can tell its time of a major water change in our kitchen tank when the sand looks too yellow :)

nope. the 3ft cory tank has bogwood in, but the sand looks white. the tank with the breeding bronzes in looks the same colour as beach sand LOL i think its cause of the light though. one has a gro-lux tube and the other a standards flourescent tube :)

Most reactions

Back