Television Fish

How many of you out there notice fish tanks on tv and comment about them. Good or bad.

• Yes I notice every tank on tv

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm more focused on the movie, and you're a nerd. =)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
there is a massive tank in the film bad boys with wil smith & martin lawrence, where ML get put through it head first, and the captain also has a type of bowl in his house

scott

Yes i often notice fish tanks on tv. The little goldfish bowl is cute sometimes, but totally wrong. Thank goodness the fish isn't in there long. However some of the setups are really missing things. Usually it's just a tank with a bubbler and decorations.

I see them all the time, expesically in the show called Mr. Limpkit( spelling) where a guy turns into a fish.

I always notice aquariums in the background, they're are normally rubish and overstocked but I keep wanting the camera to focus on the tank rather then on the characters. I thought I was the only one who noticed them. I think it is mine and a few others instinct to pick up things about fish. I can hear the word 'Fish' spoken from a mile off and I'll quickly come and investigate.

Yup, I'm always, "Pan the camera left you moron!!"

there's a Juwel Rekord 96 in the cheif detectives office on one of the popular detective programs, think it might of been Frost.

But yup, always notice the....

i notice every fishtank, bird cage, animal cage, everything. it's funny how i see the small things in the vorner and completely ignore the rest of the movie..lol

deuce bigalow! i love the bit where he says we have a very sick fish. its got a serious case of malawi bloat. my boyfriend called me a geek for laughing.

I always notice any tanks as well and lose track of the plot cos I'm too busy trying to see the tank again. :nod:
There's an animated advert on at the moment, can't remember what about but a guy notices a HUGE goldfish in a shop window and the guy and fish smile at each other and he buys it, tank and fish. The first thing I said was 'He needs a bigger tank!!' :lol:

yup, normally spend the next 10 mins debating with Ian what's wrong with the tank and how it could be improved, i then miss half the film, loose track of what's happened and spend the rest of the film annoying Ian asking questions :D

Yep, like most people, notice them and pick apart what is wrong with them and how it is totally inhumane to keep the fish like that :lol:

i notice everytime!

what about the poor goldfish in a goldfish bowl in Poltergeist? i cringe when she starts to overfeed it...
and the fish in the bowl in The Omen, where apparently the director refused to use live goldfish and got dead ones to do that scene with because he didn't want to hurt the goldies.

i once saw a medium bioorb with 4-5 goldfish in on a saturday morning kids tv show, and got really angry

OH and i fumed at Ugly Betty when you see them putting like 10 1 gallon bowls with goldfish in along a shelf in the office.

Lethal Weapon 2 - eeny miney...eh mo! :lol:

I see them all the time, expesically in the show called Mr. Limpkit( spelling) where a guy turns into a fish.
I remember that movie! :lol: The lead was played by Don Knotts who was also Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show and Mr Furley on Three's Company.

Mr_Limpet.jpg

I get very upset when watching a film or whatever in which fish are being threatened. I went and saw My Super Ex Girlfriend with, funnily enough, an ex boy of mine and he had to slow-motion rugby tackle me in the cinema during the bit with Luke Wilson's fish and....well, y'know.

And I HATE it when tanks get broken in action movies! How can they say no animals were harmed? They're clearly there flapping around on the floor amidst all the broken glass! It's not good for them!
I hate that too. I always imagine the directors saying "aaand that's a wrap, who wants lunch?" and leaving the fish there. :rolleyes:

But, on topic, I always notice too :blush: Just the other day I was watching that new Rob Corddry show and noticed a bowl with maybe 3" of water, I couldn't see a fish though. My fondest memory of a tank on TV was Christopher's tank on the Sopranos...I always wondered what the heck happened to it when he packed up and left his apartment :unsure: :rolleyes:

I'm glad to know I'm not the only "fish geek" out there.

Most reactions

Back