Tap water has Nitrites, should I add a filter to my sink?

Got an update! I contacted my county about the water containing nitrites, they came out and sampled the line and said it was either 0.269mg/L of Nitrite, or 0.0269mg/L. I looked up the conversion to ppm and its simple, its either 0.269 ppm or 0.0269ppm. So how am I getting 5+ out of my tap?? I began to wonder if it was the little screw on piece at the end of the faucet, so I took it off and ran the water at full flow for a few seconds, then sampled the water. No Nitrites. I put the screw on piece back on, sample that, boom, 5ppm+ Nitrites!

Glad to have found the source, and glad to know that no one drinks from it either.
Some proper research...ace!

Got an update! I contacted my county about the water containing nitrites, they came out and sampled the line and said it was either 0.269mg/L of Nitrite, or 0.0269mg/L. I looked up the conversion to ppm and its simple, its either 0.269 ppm or 0.0269ppm. So how am I getting 5+ out of my tap?? I began to wonder if it was the little screw on piece at the end of the faucet, so I took it off and ran the water at full flow for a few seconds, then sampled the water. No Nitrites. I put the screw on piece back on, sample that, boom, 5ppm+ Nitrites!

Glad to have found the source, and glad to know that no one drinks from it either.
So what was the bit on the end of the tap?
Have you got a picture of it in case other people have a similar fitting?

So what was the bit on the end of the tap?
Have you got a picture of it in case other people have a similar fitting?
It's just one of those basic screens that I see on every faucet. Comes with the faucet when you buy it I believe.

Most reactions

Back