Tanks Starting To Get Somewhere

johnnyjtaylor

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Tanks been running for about a month now and its starting to take shape......

Full tank shot
24apriltank.jpg

Various tube/fan worm thingys
tubeworms.jpg

Pair of Firefish (shy but very nice)
firefish-1.jpg

Bangai Cardinal(new on Saturday). The poor little buggers 2nd dorsal fin has had its long bit nipped off in LFS tank but my wife fell in love with it on our last few visits there, so home he came......
bangai.jpg

Another new addition a Toadstool Leather.Its shedded a coating of mucusy stuff and was opening up its polyps nicely until one of the cleaner shrimp went surfing on it!!
toady.jpg

Behind the Toadstool on the same piece of LR are these????? Babies or something else??
weetoadys.jpg

Tell me what you think :good: My only regret is that I picked all fairly large bits of LR which is limiting what I can do with them and where I can put corals(dont really fancy taking it out and busting it up).

Thanks Johnny

Aquascaping looks good, but as you say smaller pieces of live rock often give you opportunity to have many more smaller pieces of coral, but I'm sure you can build it up nicely.

Have you thought about having another cardinal or 3? Would make a nice feature to top off the fish stocking :)

Ben

Aquascaping looks good, but as you say smaller pieces of live rock often give you opportunity to have many more smaller pieces of coral, but I'm sure you can build it up nicely.

Have you thought about having another cardinal or 3? Would make a nice feature to top off the fish stocking :)

Ben

Indeed. I shall be looking out for a female cardinal at the weekend but only one(theres also a pair of percula clowns in there aswell as the firefish and cardinal)

cheers Johnny

Looks great :good:. What camera are you using? those pics are awesome

Very nice piccies there! Look like they should be in books! Is that a Seio pump in the left hand corner? I just got one but it sounds like a freakin' coffee grinder :angry: so i want to get rid of it. My Eden powerhead is totally silent by comparison.

Yeah thats a seio M620, it was noisy for about a couple of days when I first put it in then it got quiet.So I would give it a day or two to sort itself out :good:

Cheers Johnny

tanks looking really good mate and your photography is awesome :good:

Very nice piccies there! Look like they should be in books! Is that a Seio pump in the left hand corner? I just got one but it sounds like a freakin' coffee grinder :angry: so i want to get rid of it. My Eden powerhead is totally silent by comparison.

Seio pumps use a synthetic non-steel shaft that is capable of breaking. If the shaft breaks they make a horrible racket... Might be worth taking the cap off and having a look at the shaft just to be sure :)

Had a bit of a change round and added more stuff!!!!!

A brain.....
thebrain.jpg

A trumpet(candycane?) The photo doesn't do the wonderful colour justice.
candy.jpg

This was sold to me as a 'Cornet Coral' but I'm thinking its a frogspawn.Am I right?
spawn.jpg

Xenia and Toadstool.
toadxenia.jpg

and of course the 'Full Frontal' I took out one of the large pieces of LR and smashed it with me hammer to make better use of my limited space for coral(stupid little tank).
tank100507.jpg

Now I need something of a 'centre piece' to go on the big flat rock on the right and some small things to go on the rocks at the bottom(can't decide what) suggestions welcome :good:

Thanks Johnny

:drool: moonstone! love it dude. nice scaping also.

Yes it is a frogspawn nice green tips.
And a nice amount of heads on that trumpet coral, how much was it?

Agreed looks great. I have that exact species of frogspawn and a different color morph of the favites brain you got. Great choices :good:

Most reactions

Back