Tankmates For A Sunfish?

mainbutter

Reaction score
I've got a 6'' sunfish.. It's a pumpkinseed or pumpkinseed hybrid (I'm bad at identifying hybrids, doesn't have the brilliant blue all over that some pumpkinseeds do, anyone know if that is related to sexual dimorphism perhaps?)

Are there any fish that make good tankmates? Or are these guys pretty much aggressive enough I should keep him alone?

How about crawfish? Any other inverts that would be worth adding, especially anything that might benefit the overall health of the tank?

Any suggestions are welcome. I'd love to add a couple things to this tank if it'd be good (I'm thinking anything that might assist in keeping things clean), but I don't want to overcrowd things.

im going ahead and going to guess you got them from wild? but anyways these fish grow...big tank or pond. blue gill, catfish (channel, bullhead) the usual natives do fine. minnows are cool but thell get eatin when the fish is big enough. i know tilapia can handle there aggression well. generally all those ex'in the minnows need large tanks or ponds.

Most reactions

Back