Tanked's new Tank 55g

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

looks better dont know if i have already nominated this but i will again 1 x nomination TOTM good work tanked i'll bet your chuffed to bits now its all finished!!

tanks will couldnt find the pic as i was in a hurry to get everything done and it looks like im in a hurry to get things done again i put in a pic of the death star and now its as it should be i shall be back this afternoon with only my room to tidy phew im knackerd

i want that tank!!!!!!!!!!!!! ah ah
btw doesn't the sand make the tank cloudy and clog the filter?
ah who caares it's still a beautiful tank! :D :p :lol:
i wish i have one, 10 galon too small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ive only counted 3 nominations for totm so i will make it 4 by moninating it i think they want us to nominate them in the nominating threas les has made.im gonna go do that then im gonna go to sleep ive had a long nights work. nite all :thumbs:

thanks for the nominations. I have added myself to a list I am compiling for both TOTM and FOTM. it is a nifty excel spread sheet that will make it easier to post the competition.

:huh: VERY NICE TANKED! :D

excellent looking tank, your guna give us a run for our money during tank of the month :p :lol:

we also are wanting a much larger tank and will have to save up for it for a while, possibly a 4ft tank - and quite deep - not too sure yet, something that'll take alot of fishies :blink: hehehe :wub:

:thumbs:

Starry^

Agreed the tank looks great BUT :/

If you plan to house large(ish) fish in this new set up is there not a risk of them toppling the rock set up?? :eek:

If so you could crack the glass if they managed to dislodge those well balanced rocks??

nik,

I was worried about that to so I adjusted it: the rocks on the bottom are going no where. I can not move them with my hand. see:

edit, btw: I had posted this pic above. rocks are a non issue now :D

Pufferpack said:
Great lookin tanks Tanked & Jamnog. :thumbs:

Tanked I notice you are using the red slate in yours, I have used the same stuff and really like the look of it, but found the edges have a tendency to get razor sharp. What I have done is run the edges across my belt sander, the rock is soft enough that the sander flattens it out beautifully and doesn't even cut through the sand paper, I sand it in lengthwise to avoid chipping off any flakes.
puffer,

the edges were very sharp so I took you advice. I don't have a belt sander so I used my dremmel with a cone shaped bit. it was great and small enough I could get into all of the little nooks and crannies. there is not a shrp edge left.

thx for the advice.

Richard

Hi I'm New here...Just LOVE the Pix of your New Tank set-up, you've done a BEAUTIFUL job !!! :) I just got a New 2 Gal. Tank to put my males in, as I was having a population EXPLOSION w/my Guppies. I didn't know they could inter-mix, WOW !!! Thank God, each of my PG. Females only had 1-4 Fry at a time, I'm up to 24 (from 3, LOL)of Fancy Guppies/Swordtails. My Female Swordtail died 2 days after I got her. But the boys don't seem to mind, I guess they like the Guppies. I still don't know what my Scavenger's name is, he hides alot in his little house. I'll send a Pix. Well, gotta go. Hope you all have a Swimmin' Day !!! :)

Attachments

• 08.20.03_RaeLee_s_Fishies.JPG
    08.20.03_RaeLee_s_Fishies.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 51

Most reactions

Back