Tank Volumes Of Nd Aquatic Tanks

GGriffin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay I'm looking at buying one of their tanks measuring 48 by 24 by 30 which they say has a volume of 490 litres and 107 Imperial gallons. But I just looked that up on volume calculator to get the water weight. The figures did not match it said the volume was 566 litres and 125 imperial gallons. So I'm a bit confused why there is such a huge difference ?. I know a couple of people on here have their tanks, as it sunday and I do not know how to really word the question when phoning the manufacture. I was hoping someone here could help :)

Okay I'm looking at buying one of their tanks measuring 48 by 24 by 30 which they say has a volume of 490 litres and 107 Imperial gallons. But I just looked that up on volume calculator to get the water weight. The figures did not match it said the volume was 566 litres and 125 imperial gallons. So I'm a bit confused why there is such a huge difference ?. I know a couple of people on here have their tanks, as it sunday and I do not know how to really word the question when phoning the manufacture. I was hoping someone here could help :)

Empty it will be 566L but I think ND allow for an average amount of displacement through bogwood, ornaments etc.

yea i would say its displacement.

one my tank the brace is about 1 1/2 inch under the top of the tank. There dimensions are also probably the outside so will probably be and extra off the width depth and length

yea i would say its displacement.

one my tank the brace is about 1 1/2 inch under the top of the tank. There dimensions are also probably the outside so will probably be and extra off the width depth and length

Yeah, they measure the outside and leave an inch or so from the top as you don't put your water right upto the lip of the tank, so the volume they give out is "Useful Volume".

Most reactions

Back