Tank Update

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
Well Last week I took all my corals out and had a good clean, hoovering up some nasty sediment which had built up in a couple places under the live rock "shelf". This gave me the opportunity to alter the placing of many of my corals and has given me a little more space to fill :). Today I went to my favourite marine shop in Bishop's Cleeve, Gloucester and picked up a nice Deresa clam, which I have wanted for ages but as I had a valentini puffer it just wasn't an option. Recently however I stupidly left the cover off one of my powerheads and my inquisitive puffer got dragged in. Fortunately my tank was unaffected and I have replaced him with a stunning Royal Gramma (pictures of which will follow).

FTS
tankfull.jpg

Part of the left side of my tank
lefttank.jpg

Turbinaria coral - new aquisition
table.jpg

Bubble coral starting to grow nicely now i am putting in more additives
bubble.jpg

Had this Nardoa Starfish for quite a while now and is doing brilliantly!
starfish.jpg

Another fairly recent purchase this guy is
doing great but requires quite alot of feeding!
bluegorg.jpg

And today's purchase, the deresa.. starting to open
clam.jpg

Ben

Really really stunning setup you have there mate. Very impressed, you should be proud of yourself!

Fantastic looking tank Ben. Thats definitely one of the nicest looking softie/lps tanks I've seen. Its sometimes hard to make softie tanks look really good and clean, but you've totally done it :D

Thanks guys, really appreciate the positive comments, its nice to know that all the hard work ive put in is paying off in the look of the tank :)

Ben

Looks fantastic. If i only had a spare money and room..

Do you have any previous posts regarding the setup, i.e filtration, lighting etc, and tank size. I would be really interested in knowing what sort of maintenance schedule is required to produce and manage a tank like yours...

Well done..

Squid

Well I will quickly run down the specs..

39x16x10" tank (very shallow)

Filteration:
-Eheim 2213 with Ehfi Mech / Ehfi Substrat
-Tunze 9002 Nano Skimmer
-ClearTides Liquid Reactor with Salifert Phosphate Killer
-Maxi-Jet and Superfish powerheads totalling 2260Lph
-Around 15Kilos of LR provides main filteration sitting on egg-crate for maximum flow

Lighting:
2 x 55W Compact T5s (Interpet Daylight) (11hrs)
15W Arcadia Blue Actinic bulb (14hrs)

Additives:
TMC Tropic Marin Salt (twice monthly 10% change)
Salifert Coral food daily,
Sailfert Coral Grower weekly,
Sailfert Magnesium weekly,
TMC Pro-Tect twice monthly,
Kent Iron monthly.

I have found the tank pretty easy to maintain. The main problem I have found is cyno algaes forming due to phosphate in the water but this appears to be dissapearing after fitting a cleartides reactor filled with salifert phosphate killer. I have started many more additives recently because of the ammount of corals I have these days.

Ben

Excellent.. thanks for the information, great results.

Squid

Sorry to hear about your puffer :crazy: Hate those momentary lapses of concentration....

Tank definatly looks amazing. Very Beautiful corals and an the clam already looks great, im sure only getting more beautiful wit its color as it settles in!

lovely setup/layout you got there the tank is looking great

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Might take another couple of pics later including another of my clam now it has fully opened out.

Ben

Most reactions

Back