Tank Cycled - At Last!!!!!!!!!

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
:hyper: Well, I thought I had better give my tank a water test, so I took it to the fish store and Yes!!!!! :thumbs: :hyper: So happy! :D :D Ammonia - 0, Nitrite - 0. Forgot what the nitrate was but it was definatly fish safe. I'm going to the fish store tommorow to get fish. I have decided to stuff the salmontails, oscars, eels, rainbow sharks, plecs and the like. I think I'll get a nice combo of angels, swordtails and something else to add a charm. I would just like to also thank several people who had helped me in the past to get this far. My knowledge of fish has increased dramatically. WOOT! :hyper: :hyper: :thumbs: :D

Edit: One final thought. How many fish per week is it?

Eelzor said:
Edit: One final thought. How many fish per week is it?
Five thousand three hundred twenty one! :p

Okay, probably not (unless you have a 6,000 gallon aquarium, I suppose :hyper:) :lol: I don't actually know how many fish per week it is...sorry.

Oh yeah, and YAY for your tank being cycled!!!!

Pamela
aka Lizard

If you've cycled the fishless way then you can add all your fish in one go, thats the main idea of fishless cycling. If you add only 2 fish to start with the bacteria levels in the tank will die back to just enough for those fish, then when you add more fish you'll get another mini cycle.

Also I definately recommend getting your own test kits, IMO they're as important as having a filter, heater etc.

Looks like you get the green light. If you've gone fishless you can stock it now! Just be careful once you have finished you have to keep adding the ammonia until you get the fish in or your bacteria will die. Angels? How big was your tank again? You may want to think about some fish that eat algae and some bottom cleaners.

Ok, I have finally bought my fish - 4 angels, 2 algae eaters (traded in with convicts), 2 swordtails and the already existant spiny eel. I bought these yesterday though, a bit after looking at some pleasent posts. :D So far so good! I might get a black ghost knife. Does anyone reccommend adding these?

Most reactions

Back