My tank -

suprakingstank.JPG

My Tank with stand -

suprakingsstand.JPG

My Molly -

suprakingsmolly.JPG

enjoy:) the tank is called a hagen elite 35, 35 litres - 10 gallon i think
100w heater a medium sized filter and some white gravel:) :rolleyes:

Nice tank, I like the little cave and the white gravel although the gravel won't show your fish up. Are you going to give it a background, and how about a couple more plants?

Matt

mm hadnt thought bout the fish when buying the gravel :angry: just thought it would look cool:)
plants? i not sure, it would give them somewhere to hide but wouldnt it make such a small tank look overcrowded?
and yes eventually gunna get a background i think, not sure whether to go for one with plants on or a blank one? any ideas

My background has plants on it, but it's up to you. You don't have to fill your tank with plants just add another 2-3 plants to fill in some gaps, stop it looking a bit bare. Are you thinking of adding any more fish?

Matt

oky think ill go plant background and then another 2 plants eventually (cash is a bit lacking at the mo) and yes i was going to wait to get a test kit before adding anymore fish, i did originally get a black molly too but it died the day i got it, i wanted to know what was compatible with my tanks ph level, and i only wanted a few to help with cycling to start with. the mrs seems desperate to get another one so think ill get another hardy one that is compatible with the same conditions as the molly (just to keep her happy) or get another molly, but i dont really want them breeding as an uncyled tank and lots of fry probably isnt a good idea

oky think ill go plant background and then another 2 plants eventually (cash is a bit lacking at the mo) and yes i was going to wait to get a test kit before adding anymore fish, i did originally get a black molly too but it died the day i got it, i wanted to know what was compatible with my tanks ph level, and i only wanted a few to help with cycling to start with. the mrs seems desperate to get another one so think ill get another hardy one that is compatible with the same conditions as the molly (just to keep her happy) or get another molly, but i dont really want them breeding as an uncyled tank and lots of fry probably isnt a good idea

Well done for checking for compatibility etc. before going ahead and buying.

Mollies:

Water temp:70°F - 82°F (21°C - 28°C)
pH: 7.5 - 8.5
Water Hardness: 10° to 25° dH
Max size: about 2-4" (5 - 10 cm) (depends on species)
Life span: 3-5 years
Tank Region : All over the tank

Matt

Well done for checking for compatibility etc. before going ahead and buying.

thank you for the info, however...
unfortunatly the girl friend decided it was time to get more fish, so i asked in the lfs what would go well with the molly, i now have a scissortail barbera (spelling?) 4 black neons and a sucking loach.
i do see some of them dying from the ammonia (but ill be doing frequent water changes to help) and once some of them go ill be chooseing more wisely next time

thats the one :good:

Sucking Loaches (Chinese Algae Eaters) can grow up to about 11" (27cm) so need at least a 200L tank. So they are too big for your 35L tank. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Matt
and oopsy :blush:
anybody want an algea eater once it gets too big :blush: , i know a few people with larger tanks so could pass it on once it gets too big for my tank

ok updates:)

my sucking loach
suprakingsloach.JPG

my scissortail rasbora and 4 black neons
suprakingssandn.JPG

next post ....

and oopsy :blush:
anybody want an algea eater once it gets too big :blush: , i know a few people with larger tanks so could pass it on once it gets too big for my tank

You should try and get rid of it ASAP, if you don't it will soon become "stunted" therefore shortening its life by a considerable amount. Sorry if I sound harsh but I'm just doing what is best for you and your fish. :good:

Matt

thats ok ur not harsh, you are helpin me loads here, thats the reason i joined here

also my tank now has background and a new plant
suprakingsbg.JPG

nice tank. looks very well with the white gravel. (Wish i would have went for white gravel at the time...but changing now would mean a cycle/mini-cycle with removing all bacteria from gravel :()

thanks mate, wot colour gravel u get? it is only a cheapish one, and once i get a bigger house ill be getting a second hand big one:) and I WILL be doing a fishless cycle and making sure all fish are correct, for now it will have to do

Most reactions

Back