Superfish Aqua-65 Aquarium

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

angel face

Reaction score
Hi

I am affter a bit of advice, hope you dont mind. had my tank now for three weeks, its an Aqua 65 - 58 litre tank.

Has a large filter box inside the tank which was already attached inside the tank with a chamber for the pump to sit. Also came with heater and an Aqua- Power 360 circulation pump.

Have to say that I am very disappointed with the circulation pump, it is a right nightmare to get it to stick inside the chamber in the filter box. It attaches with four suction pads inside the chamber but you cant seem to get it to stick into place as the pads just dont seem to hold and it keeps vibrating and rattling - seems really noisy. The hole from the pump doesnt seem to sit properly against the hold in the filter box and only one of the attachments seems to fit the pump!! Whilst I used the attachment two tetras died as they swam into the gap as the holes dont match. I dont use the attachment now and the water force is slightly greater so they are unable to swim in.

Does anyone else have this set up at all or the same tank with a different pump as would be interested in getting hold of another pump which seems to attach better. This is the pump that my LFS supplied with the tank but not entirely convinced that this is the correct pump to go with this tank as doesnt seem to fit very well.

Have searched the web for my tank and pump but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kelly

Hi

I am affter a bit of advice, hope you dont mind. had my tank now for three weeks, its an Aqua 65 - 58 litre tank.

Has a large filter box inside the tank which was already attached inside the tank with a chamber for the pump to sit. Also came with heater and an Aqua- Power 360 circulation pump.

Have to say that I am very disappointed with the circulation pump, it is a right nightmare to get it to stick inside the chamber in the filter box. It attaches with four suction pads inside the chamber but you cant seem to get it to stick into place as the pads just dont seem to hold and it keeps vibrating and rattling - seems really noisy. The hole from the pump doesnt seem to sit properly against the hold in the filter box and only one of the attachments seems to fit the pump!! Whilst I used the attachment two tetras died as they swam into the gap as the holes dont match. I dont use the attachment now and the water force is slightly greater so they are unable to swim in.

Does anyone else have this set up at all or the same tank with a different pump as would be interested in getting hold of another pump which seems to attach better. This is the pump that my LFS supplied with the tank but not entirely convinced that this is the correct pump to go with this tank as doesnt seem to fit very well.

Have searched the web for my tank and pump but cant seem to find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kelly

Hi if anyone can offer any help and advice would appreciate it!

Thanks

I don't know anything about your tank or pump, but about the suction pads, you can get new ones from your lfs for like 35p so i'd just buy a few of them, it's what I had to do with my Fluval 2 filter and it's now hard to get off, whereas before it kept falling off.
Just my 2p

Neal

I don't know anything about your tank or pump, but about the suction pads, you can get new ones from your lfs for like 35p so i'd just buy a few of them, it's what I had to do with my Fluval 2 filter and it's now hard to get off, whereas before it kept falling off.
Just my 2p

Neal

Thanks Neal - appreciate your help, next time I am there I will get some.

Kelly

Most reactions

Back