Substrate

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm using tropica soil or Ada amazonia in my fish tanks. But now i will need a lot for my new 7ft tank,so i'm looking for something cheap for top layer. I'll give it try in small tank first.
Thanks for reply.

I'm using tropica soil or Ada amazonia in my fish tanks. But now i will need a lot for my new 7ft tank,so i'm looking for something cheap for top layer. I'll give it try in small tank first.
Thanks for reply.
Good luck!

Black blasting sand is about 7$ for 50lbs, is inert, requires minimal rinsing.

No one has asked what fish you intend, and that is critical here. The description of this black aggregate is that it is "angular" so it is probably best avoided especially if you inteend any substrate fish (corydoras, loaches, plecos) or fish that feed from the substrate like cichlids.

Blastinbg sand is not safee for the same reasons; it is purposefully left rough to help it bind or "blast."

Play Sand is your safest option, and it is the least expensive. I have this on its own in all my tanks. It is the most refined industrial sand, completely safe for all fish, provides a good substrate for plants and bacteria, and looks natural.

I had the play sand in one of my tanks. It look so compact for me. I want something like Unipac Sansibar or similar 1-3mm train.
About fish... Cca 15 angelfish,some pleco and cory and large school (cca 200) of tetras - neon or cardinal.
And heavy planted.

Most reactions

Back