substrate for amano fish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

how r those amano fish doing?
thanks for asking. they are in a 10 gallon tank. i have been giving sinking pellets for algae eaters. plants and substrate and another hiding rock coming wednesday. i just ordered 5 more amano. they’ll be here this week. they hide a lot, but when i do see them their little “feet” constantly moving is so cute.i filled 10 gallon tank with water from the tank they were previously in. added API quick start. i know i didn’t cycle long enough but i felt they might get eaten. using sponge filter.

thanks for asking. they are in a 10 gallon tank. i have been giving sinking pellets for algae eaters. plants and substrate and another hiding rock coming wednesday. i just ordered 5 more amano. they’ll be here this week. they hide a lot, but when i do see them their little “feet” constantly moving is so cute.i filled 10 gallon tank with water from the tank they were previously in. added API quick start. i know i didn’t cycle long enough but i felt they might get eaten. using sponge filter.
i have shrimp pellets that sink. my bottom feeders don’t eat them. would the shrimp realize they are cannibalizing? lol
i shought get frozen food for vegetarians?

i have shrimp pellets that sink. my bottom feeders don’t eat them. would the shrimp realize they are cannibalizing? lol
i shought get frozen food for vegetarians?
so lucky, i want amanos LOL
my tank is too big and guppipes and cories are too fiesty
fish food has fish paste/meal in it too ya knonot really there are different types of shrimp

they hide a lot, but when i do see them their little “feet” constantly moving is so cute.
Amanos are great, aren't they? I wish they didn't hide so much though. I had several in my 150g that disappeared for over three years without a sighting, then one day they showed up again, just as fat and healthy as you could ask. I have no idea why they disappeared for so long.

A friend was over the other day and saw my amanos at work in the Sumatra tank. He said their feet looked like they were working a typewriter. He's right! :lol:

Amanos are great, aren't they? I wish they didn't hide so much though. I had several in my 150g that disappeared for over three years without a sighting, then one day they showed up again, just as fat and healthy as you could ask. I have no idea why they disappeared for so long.

A friend was over the other day and saw my amanos at work in the Sumatra tank. He said their feet looked like they were working a typewriter. He's right! :lol:
did you feed them or did they scavenge?

so lucky, i want amanos LOL
my tank is too big and guppipes and cories are too fiesty
fish food has fish paste/meal in it too ya knonot really there are different types of shrimp
well i thought of them to help with algae. but seeing how small they are and adorable i decided to give them their own tank.
btw as proof that our online info ends up all over the place, there was a voicemail today from a people eating shrimp company, guaranteeing the finest eatin’ ( his word).

yeah or playing the piano! lol they hide maybe because they realize they are food!😬

did you feed them or did they scavenge?
Well, with a tank that big and that densely stocked, you just kind of feed the tank, not the individual critters. I try to make sure some food finds the bottom and the hardscape. After that it's up to them.
yeah or playing the piano! lol
A skilled video editor could have a LOT of fun with these ideas...

Well, with a tank that big and that densely stocked, you just kind of feed the tank, not the individual critters. I try to make sure some food finds the bottom and the hardscape. After that it's up to them.

hey it occurs to me my replies are not with the intended post. 🤔🤔

nice!

Most reactions

Back