Stressful Journey

tropicalgirl2007

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

I have had a delivery of two male bettas and they are just cling to life, what can i do?

are they in the tank ? If they are keep the lights off, keep them warm and just keep an eye on them. The key is to not let them get too stressed as it will just make it worse.....how do you mean they are clinging to life?

P.S how long have they been in transit?

they have been in transit over night, they are in a tank. lights off etc etc. They are just lying on the bottom, they do keep coming up for air, but it looks like a struggle. My brother is watching them at the moment why im at work.

Ok, is there anything that you can get your brother to put into the tank so they can rest on it and don't have so far to come up for air?

feel free to PM me if you like

I have got him the take some water out. so there is not far to come up, they are currently in 1 gallon tanks

Its just a case of letting them alone for a bit until they settle, give them some time they will come round

Got to admit these are my boys and I really don't know what could have happened, sent many fish out without any problems, 2 of the females have died up on receipt when Becky got them, the only survivor is the FOC female I sent out and she was sent in the same water and packaged the same and everyone was in the same box.

Absolutely gutted and have no idea on what happened. :-(

Got to admit these are my boys and I really don't know what could have happened, sent many fish out without any problems, 2 of the females have died up on receipt when Becky got them, the only survivor is the FOC female I sent out and she was sent in the same water and packaged the same and everyone was in the same box.

That's such a shame. It must be someone in Becky's area that works in the Royal Mail. I can even say myself Amerce that you're fish have arrived safe and sound to me, and extremely well packaged so I don't see any other reason apart from that they have been thrown/battered about a bit. But, I'm pretty sure Royal Mail won't do anything about it.

hmm, maby try tanks bigger than 1g??? maby they feel stuck in there, you no what i meen? they might want bigger tanks with more room.

That's such a shame. It must be someone in Becky's area that works in the Royal Mail. I can even say myself Amerce that you're fish have arrived safe and sound to me, and extremely well packaged so I don't see any other reason apart from that they have been thrown/battered about a bit. But, I'm pretty sure Royal Mail won't do anything about it.

I agree, my girls came through fine they was even quite lively on receipt. Its probable just as xweeqtx said, some rough uns on royal mail, i know people that work there and lets just say some of them don't give a rats ass live content or not.

tropicalgirl2007 as i said before just give them some time for now, let them settle for a couple of days some where quiet then move them if you like but the less stress for the first week the better

hmm, maby try tanks bigger than 1g??? maby they feel stuck in there, you no what i meen? they might want bigger tanks with more room.

Meaning?

Cant do much about it if the are ill, The males could bearly swim to the top (They were laying on the bottom most of the time), so I had to reduce the water. So anything bigger would have been pointless!

Anyway by the time I returned from work both males were dead. :-(

:(

Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done. In a way, Royal Mail is against sending fish - and urges people to use Parcel Force next day delivery. So complaining will be little help. However, Royal Mail allows fish eggs and fish fry to be sent, but they have never defined what size of "fish fry" they allow. So, if they were relatively young fish you could perhaps have complained. How are the workers at Royal Mail supposed to know about betta "fry"?
Unless you get extremely unlucky and find an expert aquarist in there.

Personally, when I had fish delivered, its been the same guy those times and he's very careful with the box - its actually quite funny to watch him try to hand it over. You can see the fear in his face, lol. Did whoever delivering to you appear to be rough with it or toss it at you or whatever? I understand that there is a lot more than one person handling, but just a thought.

The guy that delivered it to me is fine. He brings all my live deliveries too me and is very careful. This is the first time I have had DOAs both sending and receiving.

Most reactions

Back