Stocklist For My New 2x2x2

australia

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hey all i have just setup a 2x2x2 cube marine setup for fish and live rock only.

i keep Discus and i heat my room to around 32C so my tanks sit at about 30C, i need fish that will tolerate this sort of temp....

i want 2 clown fish, 4 damsels, 2 star fish, and im not sure what else just yet...what does everyone think?

if u would like to see my setup here it is: Pics of my setup

You are going to need to very careful mixing Damsels, by this I mean that clowns are also damsels.

Humbugs, Yellow tails etc tend to be very feisty and will constantly hassle the weaker fish in the tank and any new arrivals.

Buddyboy has had experience mixing damsels and clowns, very few species are suitable for mixing but I am sure Buddy will tell you more about this.

One thing I do know, is that those suitable for mixing tend not to be the most common ones that LFS stock.

Are you planning on having corals in this tank, 30 degrees constantly will take it toll on corals in a closed system like an aquarium.

Red sea specimens tend to be able to stand higher temps than most as the red sea does have a warmer summer temp than many other coral reefs, it also has a higher sg at these times. The zooxanthellae of these specimens are adpated to these conditions which means that the specimen is less likely to bleach.

I saw a very interesting documentary about scientists trying to inject red sea zooxanthellae into corals from other areas to test this theory.

hey all i have just setup a 2x2x2 cube marine setup for fish and live rock only.

i keep Discus and i heat my room to around 32C so my tanks sit at about 30C, i need fish that will tolerate this sort of temp....

i want 2 clown fish, 4 damsels, 2 star fish, and im not sure what else just yet...what does everyone think?

if u would like to see my setup here it is: Pics of my setup

Not an expert by a long shot, but I dont know whether 2 Clowns and 4 Damsels is such a good idea. Damsels can be quite aggressive. I'm sure others will be able to clarify though. :)

Most reactions

Back