Stocking

Aveena

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey, i was wondering, is there any small fish that will swim around the middle of my tank?
i already have 4 guppies, 3 platies, 3 flagfish, 4 ottos and a pleco.
my tank is 59litres.

all comments welcome.

thanks

hey, i was wondering, is there any small fish that will swim around the middle of my tank?
i already have 4 guppies, 3 platies, 3 flagfish, 4 ottos and a pleco.
my tank is 59litres.

all comments welcome.

thanks
well a lot of people might not agree with me, but I love adding a few tetras..... Noens are good, but I espeaily enjoy the glowlight tetra.... Add about 4 or 5(they love to school together) and they will atrack the eye and are easy to keep. also they get along with almost anything, and guppies/platies interact well with them..

eskarr

To be honest I think your at your max there. Especially once the livebearers start to breed.

Harlequin Rasbora A great mid-tank shoaling small fish

harleynm4.jpg

What plec do you have, most of them get far too big for your tank. I advise 30% water changes every 5-6 days with that sort of stocking level

I have three filters running on the tank and I do 40% water changes weekly. I do not reccommend beginners to do this. :(

ok thanks, i think i'll leave it for now then. My Flag fish still have a bit of growing to do so i think i may just leave it at that. thanks again

I'm not sure what flagfish are... do you know of any other names they go by? They sound interesting. :)

they are normally know as the American Flagfish, but mine are Laetacara curviceps "Dwarf FlagFish" and look something like this:
flagfish.jpg

Oh, and as for my pleco, i think it is a sailfin pleco, and i have heard that they can grow quite big, so when it outgrows my tank i will have to get rid of it. shame really because i really like it. Anyhow, i do like the look of those Harlequin Rasbora, any ideas of how many i should get?

yeah thats what i have, but are quite small, my LFS had them under Laetacara curviceps Flagfish.

Interesting. Nice fish. :D

And yes, sailfin plecos do get large, somewhere around 20" I think.
For the rasboras, they do best in groups of at least 6.

I have three filters running on the tank and I do 40% water changes weekly. I do not reccommend beginners to do this. :(
I don't recomend ANYONE to do this!!!!

Look, I don't know why your getting so angry at me. :grr: YOU were the one suggesting to add more fish. I don't understand where my tank comes into play at all. Also, my tank is not as small as the original posters'.

I don't recomend ANYONE to do this!!!!

call me crazy, but maybe one large filter if that is possible! i def understand lots of filtration, especially if you have pleco's. my tank 55 and my 15 are set up for double to filtration of the what th tank says.

Most reactions

Back