Stocking The Tank

Thankyou for the livestock and hardscape suggestion! That’s really kind to take the time to do that. I’ll definitely check out the hardscape items. I’ve been needing a bit of guidance on this!

Loaches are out I’m afraid. I’m not keen on the look of them, they’re too fussily coloured for my taste and there’s an earlier post from Byron about the species, which cements my dismissal of them as possible tank candidates.

So, I’m back to Veil Tail Angels, Diamond Tetras (any advice on how many please, anyone?) and Corys (I like the Jiuli). Unless anything really catches my eye, I’ll be more than happy with that :) Gosh, those Silver Dollars though. Beautiful....

No striking Discus. No impressive Silver Dollar. No cool Bala Shark. Ok! ?.
The stunning Veil Angels and sparkling Diamond Tetras will be worth the sacrifice... I hope ! ?

Numbers were suggested by more than one of us in the other thread...I suggest you ask a mod to combine the two threads so we can all be on the same page as it were. Not a problem, easily done.

I don’t see any numbers of Diamond Tetra suggested in the other thread.

I’m sure if the moderators have a problem with me, they’ll combine/delete my duplicate question, or let me know.
Sorry if I am cheesing anyone else off on my second day on this site.

I posted at the same time as you ;)

It's just that we prefer to have one thread per subject. When there are two threads discussing the same thing, some members will read one, some the other, and they won't know what's been said in the one they aren't reading.

I don’t see any numbers of Diamond Tetra suggested in the other thread.

I did suggest the numbers when the Diamonds were first mentioned, not that it matters...post #10 in the combined thread now.

While I was typing, Diamond Tetras (Moenkhausia pittieri) have been mentioned. These should work, though they can get a bit boisterous at times, but I would not reject them out of hand. They are beautiful fish, and need a group of 12-15 here. Floating plants really bring out the sparkle. :fish:

Diamond tetras may work. 13 is good. Fish in odd numbers are more pleasing to the eye. My vote:

13 Diamond Tetras
6 Angels
7 Corydoras (I say peppered, but Juilii also work).
1 White Spotted Dwarf Hypanicrus Pleco (L471)

Most reactions

Back