Stocking My Tank

MrLiam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi i have a orca 450 and it has been running for a month and has live rock and coral in it and i was just wandering what can i stock in it. And if anyone has any pics can you post them.

Are you intentionally trolling. You started by asking loads of questions about keeping oscars in tanks that where completely unsuitable in the freshwater section and posted repeated enquires about small tanks and unsuitable for small tanks fish.

You have now come into the marine section and asked about the orca 450 in another thread and said you where thinking of getting one and when told that it was rather small and people spent there time to suggest other more suitable tanks. Then you post a day or 2 later here that you have a orca already setup with LR and corals and that this has been setup for a month. If this is not the case then i apologies but if it is please get a life.

No offence but its my friends tank and your telling me to get a life when i am simply asking for advice on keeping fish so i am not treating them cruely. so you should get a life and stop questioning people who just want some help with fish keeping.

Hi. I haven't seen any of your other threads so I can't comment on the above.
Can you give us a description of the your tank/s setups, that way we can give you better advice.
If you do have a 450 marine setup then I'm afraid you are very limited in terms of what fish you can have in there.
You could always have a nice zoa garden in there as well as a few inverts.
What worries me tho is that you said the tank has been running only a month and you have coral in there already.

Were all a friendly bunch on this side of the forum so if you let us know exactly what youve got, then we can help and advise you.

Check out the journals on here as there are a few 450's in there and some beautiful setups with pics. That will give you an idea on stocking.

If this is your first venture into marines, then welcome to the salty side.

No he doesnt have any coral in there yet all he has at the moment is some of the live rock i think and a sand substrate.

I said coral previously as he told me he has but im pretty sure he just has things growing on his rock

No he doesnt have any coral in there yet all he has at the moment is some of the live rock i think and a sand substrate.

I said coral previously as he told me he has but im pretty sure he just has things growing on his rock

Sounds to me like he desperately needs to research marine tank setup and maintenance as this is completely diff to tropical and coldwater setups.
Is he carrying out weekly water changes with salt water and is he testing on a regular basis as these are a MUST.

I strongly recommend you show him this site or more importantly the journals so he can see what's involved in looking after marine fish.
They DO requirement weekly maintenance to keep them running smoothly.

I will tell him about this website and try to get him to create an account but thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Back