Stocking List

Ooh they're pretty Seffie, might have an ask about the availability of them. Any issues of compatibility with the blenny or goby?

No, shouldnt be, they are one of the least aggressive dottybacks :good:

Seffie x

ps be careful, dont get them mixed up with the magenta dottyback!

So far you'll have:

2 clowns
chalk goby
pair firefish
peacock wrasse ?
flame angel
algae blenny

Right?

So is it 37" x 24" x 24"? I would skip a tang. The kole and tomoni would likely be ok but they eat algae, which your blenny needs to eat up. The yellow's get to big for a 36" tank.

Don't worry I was never going to consider a tang in a 3ft tank, think someone suggested it earlier in the thread but not on my list. Have a 5ft tank in the sidelines that can have tangs etc in it.
Peacock wrasse was something I saw in LFS, google it, lots of images and info, is there some other name for it in the US?

The one in LFS was like the one in photo 1 if you go to google images mottled blue and black belly and orangey yellow with white spots.

Oh. You mean Macropharyngodon bipartitus? They can be hard to keep. I know of a guy who went through 5 or 6 to get a good one.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/macropharyngodon.htm

Oh. You mean Macropharyngodon bipartitus? They can be hard to keep. I know of a guy who went through 5 or 6 to get a good one.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/macropharyngodon.htm

No I mean't peacock leopard wrasse, my family gave up speaking Latin in about 200AD and I stopped using it right after I finished my A Level Biology exam :huh: , only thing I have ever used it for is Malawi Cichlids as there are so many similar things of the same name and a huge amount of cross breeding that you need to be sure you're refering to the same variant, wasn't aware there was enough of a problem in the marine world to need to refer to things by Latin names. Seems from other sources that most people here in the UK call them peacock wrasses.
Didn't realise they were hard to keep though must say I hadn't looked that deeply into him yet as he would be one of the later adds, will look into him more, thanks.

Maybe I should just keep to the States boards, then :rolleyes: Hence why Latin's are still important. (I still know some Latin's for Malawi cichlids, by the way :) )

For example Paracanthurus Hepatus is called: Yellow-Tailed Blue, Palette, Regal, Dory, or Hepatus Tang. There are other examples as well.

Wouldn't it have been bad if I would have given you advice for the wrong fish?

Maybe I should just keep to the States boards, then :rolleyes: Hence why Latin's are still important. (I still know some Latin's for Malawi cichlids, by the way :) )

For example Paracanthurus Hepatus is called: Yellow-Tailed Blue, Palette, Regal, Dory, or Hepatus Tang. There are other examples as well.

Wouldn't it have been bad if I would have given you advice for the wrong fish?

No seriously thanks for the advice, I have an over-active sarcasm gland (tongus in cheekus hilarious) and I didn't take my medication this morning. :S
Haven't done any research yet but did see a nice banana wrasse and to illustrate your point I have come across my first confusion as the banana wrasse I saw was Helichoeres chrysus and seems to be called a golden or canary wrasse. Wouldn't mind one of those and a peacock.

Ah yes. The H. Chrysus is one of my favorite wrasses for a reef tank. They are also an eater of flatworms, but will leave your snails and shrimps alone.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/halichoeres.htm

Most reactions

Back