🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is this the correct food?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200616-093210.png
    Screenshot_20200616-093210.png
    525.8 KB · Views: 58
It's the opposite;) but yes no fish

You should be able to easily keep 5 or 6 ADFs in a 10 gallon
Not all the time. Sometimes frogs will go after fish, if the fish have any body parts that look like a worm. (Depending on what they are fed)

I plan on getting 5 or 6 African Dwarf Frogs depending on price but for feeding does anyone know if Cichlid pellets would work as food? If not would anyone reccomend a food for them? I would give live foods twice a month such as bloodworms or blackworms. Should I use an HOB filter or a sponge filter for them? Are there any trustworthy websites online that sell African Dwarf Frogs. The nearest store to me that sells them is either one state over or 2 hours away and they don't always have them in stock. One more question Could African Dwarf frogs live with mystery or nerite snails?
A few more questions, but is Seachem Prime alright with ADF and can I have a lot of duckweed in their tank?

A few more questions, but is Seachem Prime alright with ADF and can I have a lot of duckweed in their tank?
Yes, Seachem Prime is a Dechlorinator and just like fish, ADF need dechlorinated water. Yes, duckweed will be fine, in fact it may make the ADF feel more comfortable having some "cover" at the surface of the water, as well as help with removing Ammonia from the water. You may, however, want to consider a different floating plant such as frogbit or dwarf water lettuce, or water sprite, because duck weed can grow like crazy and be difficult to keep under control and can over take a tank.

Yes, Seachem Prime is a Dechlorinator and just like fish, ADF need dechlorinated water. Yes, duckweed will be fine, in fact it may make the ADF feel more comfortable having some "cover" at the surface of the water, as well as help with removing Ammonia from the water. You may, however, want to consider a different floating plant such as frogbit or dwarf water lettuce, or water sprite, because duck weed can grow like crazy and be difficult to keep under control and can over take a tank.
I agree.

You can also try Salvinia. I prefer it over duckweed. :)

I want to try some water lettuce but if the duckweed gets to be too much I can put some in my 29 gallon with my mystery snails who love to eat all the duckweed I put in that tank.

I want to try some water lettuce but if the duckweed gets to be too much I can put some in my 29 gallon with my mystery snails who love to eat all the duckweed I put in that tank.
Note that out of control means impossible to get rid of. Its tiny - sinks and stick to things when you try to net it out and you only need to miss one piece and it will be back with a vengeance in a month or so. I am convinced that if you have a dried up piece anywhere it re-hydrates on contact with water and carries on growing :rofl:. In shrt once you have duckweed in your tank there is usually no going back.

@seangee is correct, but I have eradicated duckweed from a couple tanks quite easily over the last decade, but I purposely keep it in a couple tanks at minimal levels.

I'm alright with scooping out any extra duckweed and right now I'm having an issue trying to get it to spread. My snails really love to eat any duckweed that goes in my tank. A few months ago I put in a few scoops of duckweed and almost 2 days later I couldn't find even one leaf. It's been a few more months and I filled half my tank with duckweed but it's been a week and I can only count around 20 peices and 4 happy snails. I love your theory @seangee. I probably won't add more duckweed for now but if it spreads in my tank I'm ok with that. I've heard it makes great fertilizer for gardens and I could use the extra duckweed for my butterfly garden.

I personally don’t like duckweed, as the leaves are very small and they get stuck to everything.

Salvinia is good and so is water lettuce. (Although I have never kept it myself.)

Most reactions

Back