Stick Insects

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Here are my indian stick insects, I now have simply got far too many!! So I am posting this picture up in the hope that someone will adopt some of the critters, I don't have the heart to try them as fish food :devil: :devil:

They eat brambles (the leaves) and privet, they are very easy going and can be kept in most containers :)

Attachments

• sticks.jpg
    sticks.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 54
take 2

Attachments

• sticks2.jpg
    sticks2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 74
Aaah get him off my hand!! ;) they are completely harmless and a full grown one will grow up to about 7 cm ;)

( i said he, but thats incorrect all stick insects are female!! They contain both reproductive organs so you will never ever see a male stick insect)

Attachments

• sticks3.jpg
    sticks3.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 58
Kewl lil critters :)

Can u post a pic of their tank/tub so we can see how they should be kept ? :)

I know the problem William, I used to have millions I just had to stop letting the eggs hatch, I even got a Black one which is appearently quite rare and appears each 10 or so generations. I also kept those gaint spikey New Guinea Stick Insects, scary!

No dolores they have all gone now!! I left them up too close to a window one day and they all got fried :-( .

This post brings back memories though - its over a year old!! Interesting ryan I once got a red/brown one, it was well cool!! Sadly it perished also... I feel like such a murderer..

awww :( sorry to hear that u killed them accidntly (or however u spell that word), but dont worry ur not a murderer ;) they were way cool, but i sed nasty cuz i cant find out wich way is the head :huh:

:lol: May 2003!

Mine have all gone now, but we can say it was an experience!

Did you suffer a mass stick insect escape as well then ryan? !!

Most reactions

Back