Starlight Bristlenose Success

well.... tonight i went out there and got a shock...

There were more eggs in the cave - Woo... But no fry - Boo...

On closer inspection I had actually walked in on the 2nd female in the process of spawning :)
The male had her in the cave and she was laying eggs :)

The original fry are actually still in there but with 2 plecs in the same cave - i couldnt see them too well.

We have one free swimmer too - Its all going off in there :)

I got some piccys and will post tomorrow ;)

I've been following this pretty closely and it sounds brilliant. Can't wait for pictures mate.

Hey folks - We've now got approx 20 free swimmers and another bunch of orange wigglers :)

I hope they develop quickly as the poor male will be wasting away :)

Here is a piccy of one of the free swimmers - 10 days old.

L180_fry1.jpg

L180_fry2.jpg

L180_fry3.jpg

Oh how beautiful! How exciting to have babies, and what pretty babies!

Congratulations.

Real cute, thanks for sharing the pictures!

I hope they develop quickly as the poor male will be wasting away

Are you saying that the male would not even eat when watching over the eggs?

Yup, until the fry are big enough to be free swimmers, male plecs remain in the cave from the day the eggs are laid ;)

wonderful i have some of these i wish mine would hurry up and breed i want cute babies :lol:

are they the same as these or actual 183s ??

sadly there not 183s i wish there were i have been looking for some of these for a long while, i'm hoping theres some coming in on a shipment a wholeseller is getting in but he cant promise there will be on there :sad:

Clare

wonderful i have some of these i wish mine would hurry up and breed i want cute babies :lol:

are they the same as these or actual 183s ??

sadly there not 183s i wish there were i have been looking for some of these for a long while, i'm hoping theres some coming in on a shipment a wholeseller is getting in but he cant promise there will be on there :sad:

Clare

Agreed - Having looked about and now changed their substrate to gravel they have gone black with white spots... Pretty sure they are L182's :)

Clare - drop me a line if you do get the shipment of 183's ;)

Hey congrats Russ :thumbs: just picked up on this thread !
I would really love a pair a few months down the line - if you still have some space on that waiting list ;)

I'm gutted those large wild caught adults of mine died - so would love some again.
Look forward to seeing their pics as they develop :)

Hey congrats Russ :thumbs: just picked up on this thread !
I would really love a pair a few months down the line - if you still have some space on that waiting list ;)

I'm gutted those large wild caught adults of mine died - so would love some again.
Look forward to seeing their pics as they develop :)

I was just looking to update the thread but all the pics i took were poo....

the older ones are now showing spots :)

I took some more pictures tonight :)

Here are some of them, the bigger ones are now 5 weeks old (hatched 7th Jan) the smaller ones are about 1week younger.

5 weeks old
L182%20-%205week.jpg

mixed 4 and 5 weeks old
L182%20-%204n5week.jpg

Most reactions

Back