Stained Glass Bettas That Will Be...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ezrock

Fishaholic
Reaction score
First of all, thanks to everyone who sent me pics of their bettas for inspiration. I have finished one so far, and am about to start on a second. These will be shown in the Texas Betta Society's Arts/Crafts Category, then auctioned off to the highest bidder.

If anyone will be at the show at the end of May, you'll have a chance to win one of these (I'm going to try to have three ready by when I need to mail them).

Alrightey, here's the first. He's a nice little Red Cambodian PK boy based on Auratus' Red Dragon PK. The picture doesn't show it, but there's some nice swirled/whispy effect in the red glass...

Real:
betta_red_dragon_2.jpg

Glass version:
betta_red_dragon_finished___small.JPG

I'll try to have the next one done by tonight or tomorrow. Comments welcome :)

-Ian

do you mean with gills out and all? Not sure how nice that'd look, or the best way to do that. Stained glass suncatchers are more realistically 2d representations of 3d objects, which makes doing a flaring betta rather difficult!

I'll ponder it though :)

-Ian

thanks for the compliments! I'm pumped about the next one...i found some PERFECT glass to make it from...the patterning in the glass matches the design of the next fish so well I can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Ian

thanks for the compliments! I'm pumped about the next one...i found some PERFECT glass to make it from...the patterning in the glass matches the design of the next fish so well I can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Ian

I love it. I have a couple of gorgeous VT's that have the best color. The hard part would probably be getting the marbled effect down. My favorite is the green/orange mix that I have. I would love to have your talent.

Hi. I'm going to send you a pm zoo. But, if you want to send me some pics (or attach them to this thread) I can see if it's possible to do them. I've done marbles before, and might get lucky with some perfect glass like in the one I'm about to show here. Thanks again for the compliment(s). I'll post the newest one soon!

-Ian

Okay. Here's the second one for the texas betta show/auction. I'm really REALLY pleased with how this one turned out.

Stained glass blue marble OHM male betta ...approx 6" long...
blue_marble_ohm_finished___small_2.JPG

-Ian

Most reactions

Back