Stability By Seachem?

gufyduck

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Stability by Seachem. It claims to have the bacteria in it to cycle the tank, and the local pet store was trying to sell me it.  The employee has fish himself, and knew about filter medium, the nitrogen cycle and enough buzz words to actually get me to consider it.  When I last had a 40 gal tank five years ago, I know all these products were a waste of money so I'm very skeptical.

And five years later they still are a waste of money! People still do the ammonia cycle instead of spend money on these products that "say" they can do a cycle within a few days.

You can not rush science !

I had a feeling that was the case.  Now I just have to convince my elderly father that no, he can't buy a pleco for his 20 gallon tank that is 3 weeks into being cycled and has ammonia off the charts (no nitrites yet).  Poor man believes everything the pet store tells him and can't understand why he is loosing feeder fish at a rate of 1-2 per day, wheh he has the tank bordering on over stocked to begin with.  He is a stubborn man.  He is finally agreeing to water changes, thankfully!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Most reactions

Back