Sprung A Leak....

Maybe another point to add, practice netting your fish, now don't go chasing them and dragging them out of the water for no reason, but when you need to for some reason, try and get everyone to do it so everyone will be able to without stressng the fish too much if you need to in an emergency.

Something else to possibly consider is the sizes of your nets. If you're relatively new to fish keeping or you have a fish that has grown larger than anything you've caught before, do you have the nets to catch all your fish? You don't get stuck needing to catch a 6" clown loach in a 4"*3" net!

Thinking about it, right now I think I'd struggle to net my BGKF, purely because he wasn't a foot long last time I moved him and I don't have a big enough net! Aargh, quick, must buy bigger net!

Aside from that, the bigger the nets you're using, the easier it is to catch the fish.

YIKES :hyper:

Well done for saving all the fishies Miss Wiggle :D

I suppose Ian arrived home just as you finished rescuing the last one did he? :hey:

ha ha not far off, I'd just finished draining the tank and finished lugging buckets of water around as he got in. To be fair though I'd have been buggered at that point cos there's not a hope in hell I'd have been able to carry the spare 4 foot tank up 2 flights of curved stairs from the basement to the bedroom :rolleyes:

Maybe another point to add, practice netting your fish, now don't go chasing them and dragging them out of the water for no reason, but when you need to for some reason, try and get everyone to do it so everyone will be able to without stressng the fish too much if you need to in an emergency.

Something else to possibly consider is the sizes of your nets. If you're relatively new to fish keeping or you have a fish that has grown larger than anything you've caught before, do you have the nets to catch all your fish? You don't get stuck needing to catch a 6" clown loach in a 4"*3" net!

Thinking about it, right now I think I'd struggle to net my BGKF, purely because he wasn't a foot long last time I moved him and I don't have a big enough net! Aargh, quick, must buy bigger net!

Aside from that, the bigger the nets you're using, the easier it is to catch the fish.

yeah I put in about getting a big trawler net, we bought our massive net for our Oscar, but we use it 9 times out of 10 when catching fish.

:)

how on earth did you lift the 25g tank theres no way i could ever move my 15g even if it was half empty, glad all the fish were ok and hope your back gets better soon

how on earth did you lift the 25g tank theres no way i could ever move my 15g even if it was half empty, glad all the fish were ok and hope your back gets better soon

i have absolutely no idea..... i just did it. guess if you've no choice then you just do it you don't think about it. :)

i have absolutely no idea..... i just did it. guess if you've no choice then you just do it you don't think about it. :)

adrenaline...

the best drug ever!

definately

and yeah it is that bad..... i wrote my car off 5 yrs ago, flipped it 4 times nose over tail up a 30 foot bank at the side of the road :S I've suffered with whiplash since and after 5 years of having to have maybe 3/4 days off work every couple of months cos I just couldn't move I decided to go try some less conventional solutions. and accupuncture worked a treat..... but you can imagine what lifting 25g of water has done to it, i can't stay sat down for very long now, have to keep walking round, it was much improved after a lie down this aft though so hopefully tomorrow it'll start to recover properly.

However if there's anyone in the leeds area who's free on sunday and fancies helping Ian move this marine tank in it'd be much appreciated, don't think i'll be a lot of use :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back