Sore Angel

What are your latest water stats.

The internal bacteria med by interpet is only good on mild bacteria infections.
Severe cases need to be treating with antibiotics.

Water Stats:
Ammonia: 0.5
Nitrate: 5
Nitrite: 0

Ive only dosed the once with the interpret med as it says not to do it again until the 4th day which will be monday

I would preform a water change, than add the correct amount of med back to water removed.

Do you think I can actually save the tank and it's remaining fish though?

Do you think I can actually save the tank and it's remaining fish though?
If you follow the advice given yes

it seems you are being very dramatic when all you have to do is follow simple advice

have you purchased a new filter yet?

have you done the water change? your showing 0.5 ammonia

I don't feel I'm being dramatic. I have lost half of my fish in 3 days =\ I consider that quite dramatic as I've never experienced this before. The tank is like a death zone and currently is not enjoyable, I am therefore coming to the end of my tether!
Yes I've done the water change and added the meds to the water changed. Can't seem to get this cloudiness to shift, it still looks milky and the Platys are just lying on the floor seemingly waiting to die =\
And no, have to wait until tomorrow to purchase the new filter, which I will transfer the old media to so hopefully I avoid having to cycle the tank all over again.

I think some of the fish are to far gone to save.
I lost all my fish once. Due to neon tetra disease.
It's awful. I do know what you are going throw.

Keep up with the water changes, keep adding the correct amount of med back
to water removed.

Good Luck.

Get the new filter.

Done another more or less 80% change today. Have thoroughly cleaned my filter (squeezed everything and scrubbed of any algae) I would like to upload a pic of my heater later once I'm finished this change as I think it may have blown or something?

I was trying to scrub the algae off that's attached itself and all the black paint stuff saying 'tetra' was coming off too! I was scrubbing it in te tank and noticed all grey paint in the tank! It's awful!

Have reverted to my back up heater in the meantime until I can figure out if the old one is rubbish.

Remove the paint with a net. If there dried bits of paint.

How are the fish acting since this happened?

I couldn't, it wasn't like flakey paint it was like liquid. As I scrubbed it was all over my hands! I've thrown that heater out as it was broken, not only was the paint an issue, the thermostat had gone as it was coming on even when the water was the to temperature.
Fish are acting just as they were, although I have unfortunately lost my angel today =[
Gonna do another 50% water change today and just keep doing so until my filter is reading better and my cloudiness has gone.

Bless Him.
Sorry for your loss.
:rip:

Thank you for the update.

Most reactions

Back