Some Oddballs Some Not.. Need Help Please

SilkyOne

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I've only been keeping fish for almost a year now and still have so much to learn. I always wanted fish but parents always said no and first husband didnt want to be bothered..said they were a pain in the butt. Well my new fella was cocked and ready when I mentioned it and I have 3 small tanks up and running smoothly for almost 11 months. We just bought a 125gal and a 90 gal. My questions are 1, How long and what's the best way to cycle the 125 gal. and 2 how long is it going to be sufficient for my fish? They are as follows: 2 Bala Sharks 3&4.5 in., 4 clown loaches 1.5-2.5 in., 2 silver dollars 2in., 2 Dinosaur Bichirs 4in., 2 Black ghost knives 5.5 &1.5 in., 1 dragon goby 8in., 1 african leaf fish 4.5 in., 2 dojo loaches 4 & 5 in., 2 pictus catfish 3in., 1 elephant nose 3 in., 1 pleco 3 in., 1 peacock eel 6 in., and 1 black shark 1.5 in. I adore these fish. Although when I first started getting them the lovely person that sold most of them to me said that their size would be determined by the space I kept them in. Well needless to say after much research and a little observation..I've come to realize that most of my babies will be of considerable size.
Thanks

This will get you started on the cycle...
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/113861-fishless-cycling/

Now, are all those fish going to be in the 125?

I can see so many potential problems with that group of fish...

Most reactions

Back