So what can be worse than...

gilpi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
40 gallons of water on the floor! My one-year-old 40g just gave out, from the bottom of all places! Good thing I caught it in time to save the fish in one inch of water. Funny thing... this was a replacement for a 10 year old 40g that I had and thought it was time to change before it started leaking. Just missed the tank sale too. Part of the hobby I guess? First time for me after over 40 years in the hobby.

That's a real bummer. After only a year?! Did the tank have a warranty? Because that sounds like it's on the company and not you. Thank god you got your fish

Crazy! Of all places to leak, right at the bottom! Another few hours the fish would have been dried up. No sales, $125, ouch. Oh well, I guess this is the part of the hobby we never think about, also this is why I will never have tanks unless there is a basement... just in case.

40 gallons of water on the floor! My one-year-old 40g just gave out, from the bottom of all places! Good thing I caught it in time to save the fish in one inch of water. Funny thing... this was a replacement for a 10 year old 40g that I had and thought it was time to change before it started leaking. Just missed the tank sale too. Part of the hobby I guess? First time for me after over 40 years in the hobby.
That’s terrible! Glad your fish survived. Now I’m paranoid about my tank🥺. What brand was your tank?

That’s terrible! Glad your fish survived. Now I’m paranoid about my tank🥺. What brand was your tank?
Aqueon. I repaced my old Aqueon with a new one last yar just to be sure it didn't leak! Anyway, Im not ready to bash the brand yet, in the last 20-25 years they've all been Aqueon, bigger sizes too without issues.

Sorry to hear that your tank gave up. But 40 years of service is already a long time. But good to know that you were able to safe your fish.

Sorry to hear that your tank gave up. But 40 years of service is already a long time. But good to know that you were able to safe your fish.
40 years of service? You misunderstood, I've been in the hobby 40 years and this has never happened. Thanks for your concern tough!

40 years of service? You misunderstood, I've been in the hobby 40 years and this has never happened. Thanks for your concern tough!
Sorry, I thought the tank has also been there for 40 years...

i've had that tank leak worry in the back of my mind for years. i've had my 125gal tank since 1994 but it still looks like it's holding up well.
only tank leak i've ever had was back in 1958 when i threw an old time one piece cloths pin at my brother and it hit my little 12 gallon aquarium dead center and wound up with little black mollys and red sward tails in kitchen glasses hoping i could explain it my parents.

i've had that tank leak worry in the back of my mind for years. i've had my 125gal tank since 1994 but it still looks like it's holding up well.
only tank leak i've ever had was back in 1958 when i threw an old time one piece cloths pin at my brother and it hit my little 12 gallon aquarium dead center and wound up with little black mollys and red sward tails in kitchen glasses hoping i could explain it my parents.
Oops!

Oof 🥴 what a nightmare

I spilled 2 gallons of water on a floor two years ago and it was a disaster, 40 gallons would be horrible, truly feel for you. Hope it works out.

I spilled 2 gallons of water on a floor two years ago and it was a disaster, 40 gallons would be horrible, truly feel for you. Hope it works out.
All my tanks are and have been in the basement with cement floor so nothing really damaged, couple of hours clean up plus a trip to the store for a replacement tank. I would never have a tank on carpet ot wood floors.

All my tanks are and have been in the basement with cement floor so nothing really damaged, couple of hours clean up plus a trip to the store for a replacement tank. I would never have a tank on carpet ot wood floors.

I have two tanks upstairs in my living room on laminate floors. I am very careful not to spill water and when I do it is cleaned up immediately. My one factory built stand, made out of particle board, is in perfect shape still.

Most reactions

Back