So Its Begins! The Tank Is Empty And Ready To Go

The skimmer will be fine at the back, it's just I like to see the bubbles, :lol: yes, I know I am mad................

<a href="http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers_2.php" target="_blank">http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers_2.php</a>

Go to the bottom of the page and you can download the instructions :good:

The box on the top should be as high as possible, so that you still get a skim but it is fairly dry skim as opposed to a lot of fluid.

The red tap like thing, first try it at 2:00 p.m angle - mine is probably at 1:00 pm :lol: as it was chucking out too many micro bubbles.

It really is trial and error - just ensure you have loads of lovely white bubbles in the main part (look at my photo) and the skim is fairly dry bubbles (produced in the box at the top)

Seffie x

:fish:

thanks for that,but like you said if i have it at the back of the tank i wont be able to see,so i imagine just a little trial and error,lol

i have 2 magnum 6's now arriving,so well on my way.

i cant wait.

by the way seffie,i was looking through you journal,and i was wandering what them lovely fish were you have "tried" taking piccys of? they are realy nice!!

any advise on what gravel to get and how much i may need for the rio 400?

Ah the fish - they are my dream team:

Scribbled Anthias, a harem

Get aragonite sand - I bought the Bahamas one, which contains shells. As for the amount, depends on a couple of things, do you want to keep any fish that like to burrow and how deep you fancy the sand to be.

I only have a fairly shallow sand bed - approx 35 lbs - for a deeper sand bed you will need approx 50/60 lbs and a very deep sand bed, probably 75/80 lbs. Really is all according which fish you are going to keep and the appearance. The deeper the sand bed the more creatures you will need to keep it turned over

Seffie x

just a little update

im having a sump made up now by TAC

custom made so i can have my mce600 out of the way and so i can lose the fx5.

it wont be a big sump by now means,but will also be easier on the eye,with only the overflow being seen

can wait to have it done,its all coming together now.

i think i will start a journal soon.

i also want some advise,ive gone off the tangs now,will butterfly's be ok instead?

With a sump, you will need to buy a return pump as well. My 90 gallon has about 750 gph pump which at 4' head (i believe) puts out about ~500 gph which is around 5x my total tank volume (sump+dt). I think 5x flow is about waht you want going through your sump.

With a sump, you will need to buy a return pump as well. My 90 gallon has about 750 gph pump which at 4' head (i believe) puts out about ~500 gph which is around 5x my total tank volume (sump+dt). I think 5x flow is about waht you want going through your sump.

yep,all is included in the price,overflow,pump,piping sump etc etc

im thinking of a deltec phos remover too, this needs its own pump to doesnt it?

are you buying an RO unit?

After reading your thread i've decided not to get a nano tank, doing the same as you and converting my 380L into a marine tank :hyper: :good:

do you still have that spare skimmer you were gonna sell? :blush: :lol:

are you buying an RO unit?

After reading your thread i've decided not to get a nano tank, doing the same as you and converting my 380L into a marine tank :hyper: :good:

do you still have that spare skimmer you were gonna sell? :blush: :lol:

hey ian,

i sold the deltec,even before i had chance to put it on here im affraid!!

i may have a mce300,but not sure if that will be enough on your 380L,unless your stocking is low!!

u no what, in the last week i have learnt so much. i bought 2 great books,and all the help from here and ultimate reef has been fantastic!!

i notice you are on UR,wanting powerheads etc etc :hyper:

yep :lol: :lol: think im gonna go with 4xkoralia 4's and my filter with LR ruble in it, should give a decent flow then :D

tank is starting to look really empty now :( :(

Think im going skimmer-less for a while anyways, so gives me time to find one.

How far along are you now? tank empty and awaiting saltwater yet?

yep :lol: :lol: think im gonna go with 4xkoralia 4's and my filter with LR ruble in it, should give a decent flow then :D

tank is starting to look really empty now :( :(

Think im going skimmer-less for a while anyways, so gives me time to find one.

How far along are you now? tank empty and awaiting saltwater yet?

nope :rolleyes:

i have 4GBR's,1 gold ram and a leopard plec that i still have to rehome.

4 of them are going in the next few days,so im down to 2 fish then.

im going to put them in my small spare tank,thenstrip this 1 down and clean it!!

im going for 2 koralia magnum 6's at the front and maybe 2 4's at the back,not sure yet!!!

hows your salty adventure going? (why does that sound strange? :lol: )

I seem to be spending money i havnt got :lol: :lol: :lol: still need to re-home my fish though, tempted to just buy another tank for them!

hows your salty adventure going? (why does that sound strange? :lol: )

I seem to be spending money i havnt got :lol: :lol: :lol: still need to re-home my fish though, tempted to just buy another tank for them!

hey mate

ive hit a brick wall and i dont no if i can be bothered to carry on,lol

the expense of this is so much at the moment,and footy season is soon upon us,and i wont miss my beloved spurs play,lol

im not sure weather to quit now,or put it on hold for abit.

:sad:

seriously not sure what to do.

keep at it mate, your half way there anyways!!

At least if you decide to pick it up again in a few months you got quitw alot of the stuff ready!

I would love to get everything this month but money is too tight :( although just got 2x 1500gph powerheads and eyeing up some salt online now :lol: :lol:

At least if you decide to pick it up again in a few months you got quitw alot of the stuff ready!

I would love to get everything this month but money is too tight :( although just got 2x 1500gph powerheads and eyeing up some salt online now :lol: :lol:

thats the thing,i only need LR,sand and another couple powerheads and im away.

problem is this is around £600 :lol:

then fish,CUC etc etc

to be honest i will probaly still do it,but not try and buy everything in 1 go,and rush things

Patience Mark, very few people can do this all in one go - most buy a bit each month. Just spend the time you have whilst saving etc to plan and research, believe me planning is fun :good:

Seffie x

thats the thing,i only need LR,sand and another couple powerheads and im away.

problem is this is around £600 :lol:

then fish,CUC etc etc

to be honest i will probaly still do it,but not try and buy everything in 1 go,and rush things

nah thats not £600!! only if your buying LR from your LFS! on UR i've seen it sold for as little as £3 a kilo! And sand s not NEEDED as such, you could always buy that the following month, if nothing else at least your tank would be cycled :good:

I doubt my tank will be running anytime soon, im HOPING for next month, but to be honest i doubt it - more than likely the month after

Most reactions

Back