So -- I Have One Question...

Fawkiia

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner one one betta currently -- a shiny blue one with a shiny red glint when shined on. It's a male. I got it today, as my birthday is on the 22nd. :]

But I was was wondering if a male, or a female, betta would be able to coexist in my 10 gallon.
It currently has some aquatic plants -- one aquatic bamboo, and two other longer plants, and some other stuff that floats along the top.

But the fish which live in it are three glo-light tetras, and i have one Bronze Cory Cat/Catfish.
The fish are roughly 1-1.5 inches in length, and previously had more before three others had died unfortunately.. D:

But would the betta be able to coexist with the glo-light tetras and bronze cory cat?
Or would it become aggressive against them, since the cory cat is pretty helpless and feeds along the bottom and the tetras can probably swim away pretty easily?

and if so -- would it be better to put a male in there, or is it better off with a female?

Hi, IMO I wouldnt keep bettas with tetras, `cause tetras are fin nipers and your betta boy will be shreded in no time.Corys are usualy fine. I have one Betta boy who dont like tank mates at all, so it might be better to get him his own tank.

Hi, IMO I wouldnt keep bettas with tetras, `cause tetras are fin nipers and your betta boy will be shreded in no time.Corys are usualy fine. I have one Betta boy who dont like tank mates at all, so it might be better to get him his own tank.
Alright! I planned on keeping him in his own cage anyway. He's a very handsome betta and i'll definitely post some pictures of him sometime soon. He was one of the healtiest ones there at that time -- so i am very satisfied with my selection. :]

The fins are very big and pretty, looking like a crowntail but not quite as deep and its pretty much a solid color instead of having the transparent areas. I have no clue as for a type -- but I will get a picture asap of him flaring.

Most reactions

Back