Small-Ish & Hardy Rainbow Fish Suggestions

Primous

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I had come across some threadfin rainbow fish in my not so local fs today but after coming home to do some crash course research on the species it turns out they wouldn't be suited to my tank. So I'm wondering what you guys might consider as a good alternate for my 180L community?

P

@N0bodyOfTheGoat Apisto trio, Honey gourami pair, remmynose and lemon tetra, bee shrimp.

@Theduke splendid rainbows are just a little bit too large me thinks.

I can't see a problem really, what was the reason they couldn't be added?

That depends on a few things. What are your water parameters as far as pH, hardness, nitrates, water changing schedule? Possibly P. gertrudae, P. furcatus, P. signifier, M. parva, or M. kamaka. Really, it depends on what is available to you and what tickles your fancy. Mostly rainbows are all hardy IF you meet their requirements (and your other fish will appreciate it too).

Neon dwarf/praecox rainbows. Stay small very along with just about everything and can live happily in any water as long as extremes are avoided.

I tend to avoid including these in the "hardy" category. Most people have trouble with these guys for some reason, but they stay small enough to fit in.

I can't see a problem really, what was the reason they couldn't be added?

I would think because of the potential for fin nipping with the lemons or the specialized feeding requirements? Maybe the OP can enlighten us?

Most reactions

Back