Six Footer Diy Flat Pack Tank

peettee79

Reaction score
Before
PICT1776.jpg

AFTER
sixfooter3.jpg

Another with and additional fluro just for the photo, I prefer the dark ends.

sixfooter.jpg

fish.jpg

4" Peacock Eel
Idebtify.jpg

oscar3month.jpg

3 x cons (1 x Pink ) 2 x M 1 x F
2 x Bristlenose M+F
2 x Tiger Os ?
1 x Gourami M
1 x Electric Blue M
1 x Peacock Eel ?

wow, beauty.. and the oscars arent eatting any of them? (peacock eels ext.)

nope no-one bothers with the Eel, the Os are only 5.5" and wel fed so they probably cant be assed chasing the Eel.

how many gallons is that tank, where can you buy the parts for the tank and what is the cost.

how many gallons is that tank, where can you buy the parts for the tank and what is the cost.

No Idea how many gallons demensions 72 x 14 x 14" you do the maths, me lazy australian.

Glass cost $250 aud, silicon $16 aud, labor 4 cartons of beer.

I make that tank a shade over 50 gallons (around 51.5).

I'm no expert on oscars (truth be told I can't stand them) but I'm fairly sure they usually require more than 50 gallons for two once fully grown, if only from the waste point of view.

But I am open to being corrected here.

edit--

The tank does look very nice though, especially with the darker ends.

Awsome looking tank, great lighting effect. Love your Oscars too, my favourite fish :thumbs:

I make that tank a shade over 50 gallons (around 51.5).
Agreed

I'm no expert on oscars (truth be told I can't stand them) but I'm fairly sure they usually require more than 50 gallons for two once fully grown, if only from the waste point of view.
Agreed again...50 gallons is about the minimum for a single fully grown Oscar. 80 gallons(with over filtration) is a better number for two oscars. They are, however, only five inches at present so you should get away with them in your tank for a short while longer.

I would suggest the removal of one though at some stage soon.

The tank does look very nice though, especially with the darker ends.
Once again....Agreed :thumbs:

Just to update, and clarify, my earlier post. the tank will probably just about have enough room for a couple of grown oscars (due to its unusual dimensions - most 55 gallons are around 4 feet long IIRC) but the waste produced by them would foul the water quite quickly.

Just remember though, a tank too small is a reason to buy/make a bigger tank :thumbs: B)

Very nice tank, well built. What kind of gourami do you have?

oh and that is definatly larger than 50 gal because my dad just got a 55 gal and its 48"X20"X14" so im guessing its like around 70gal

Very nice tank, well built. What kind of gourami do you have?

oh and that is definatly larger than 50 gal because my dad just got a 55 gal and its 48"X20"X14" so im guessing its like around 70gal

Besides, for that tank to be 14x14 on the end.... the end would have to be square, which it does not appear to be.

Most reactions

Back