Sick scalare

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My biggest angelfish has a big white spot on his lower lip, and his pectoral fins are looking pretty ragged. The spot doesn't seem fuzzy or furry. He's acting just as active and obnoxious as usual. The other angels look healthy as can be.

Tank temp is 78F; ammonia, nitrate, and nitrite are all reading zero; pH neutral. Not sure about hardness but it usually stays right around 4-6 degrees.

Any ideas what's going on?

A photo would help if you can. For the other more experienced members than me.

Occasionally one of my Angels will get an injury which turns into a white spot till it heals. Could your angel be fighting and damage his lip. I don't do anything when this occurs and it resolves, Occasionally really means twice in this context. Both times when a pair develops within a tank with a group of angels.

Occasionally one of my Angels will get an injury which turns into a white spot till it heals. Could your angel be fighting and damage his lip. I don't do anything when this occurs and it resolves, Occasionally really means twice in this context. Both times when a pair develops within a tank with a group of angels.
That makes sense. Probably just got a little dinged up in a fight. My angels hardly ever fight in earnest, since they have plenty of cover and space to get away from each other, but it could happen.

That makes sense. Probably just got a little dinged up in a fight. My angels hardly ever fight in earnest, since they have plenty of cover and space to get away from each other, but it could
My severum has a similar mark as he got into a tussel with my EBA, but it has healed now just looks like a patch that’s missing some pigment

Most reactions

Back