The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elephant nose 4

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for advice, I'm wanting to add an shrimp safe filter to my 110 litre tank.
Any suggestions would be welcome

Do you already have a filter ? Or it is going to be the only one for that tank ?

This is rated up to 55 gallons:
hygger Sponge Filter, Aquarium Filter Double Sponge

81euVhfkvqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Or something Smaller, This is rated up to 15 gallons:
hygger Aquarium Single Sponge Filter,

615x2NcyKPL._AC_SL1201_.jpg

I have both these models, and Like them very much.

I have this filter in my shrimp tank. The tank is only ~23 litres and I have to run the filter with the flow rate turned down a lot or the shrimps would be plastered against the opposite wall. It's rated for up to 120 litres and is basically a sponge with a powerhead on top so it's safe for shrimps, even new hatched babies.

I have this filter in my shrimp tank. The tank is only ~23 litres and I have to run the filter with the flow rate turned down a lot or the shrimps would be plastered against the opposite wall. It's rated for up to 120 litres and is basically a sponge with a powerhead on top so it's safe for shrimps, even new hatched babies.
I actually have 2 different aquael and was actually looking at this.
I'll take a look at this.

I also have fish in with the shrimp, I've ordered the aquael mini filter
Thank you everyone

Two or three of the double sponge filters pictured early on in this thread would be perfect. I agree with others that air driven ones are better for shrimp than electric motor-driven ones. The bubbles increase aeration and thus oxygenation which is always good. Air bubbles reduce any surface film far better too. The air driven ones also generally produce rather less flow than the motor driven sponge filters, which for shrimp I think is an advantage. The last negative of the electric motor-driven ones is that each one in your tank, or pumping tank water will heat up the water (probably around 1 degree C in a 100 litre tank). Great in winter, but problematic in hot summers where you are trying not to overheat your shrimp. Its easy to warm water a little with a heater, but much more of a hassle to cool tank water down once its getting too hot.
I love these for all my shrimp tanks ......

Most reactions

Back