Shrimp, I'm Curios!

doresy

Sometimes Right, Sometimes Wrong but ALWAYS certai
Reaction score
OK, THESE SHRIMPS HAVE GOT MY INTEREST NOW. TROPICAL, YES? OK IN COMMUNITY TANK (155LT) HEAVILY PLANTED(ARTIFICIAL), BLACK QUARTZ SUBSTRATE. ROCKS AND ARTIFICIAL MANGO ROOTS. REGULAR TROPICALS...HARLIQUINS, DWARF GURAMIS, FLYING FOXES, CORYS, PLATTYS,
SO HOW BIG ARE THESE CRITTERS AND DOES ANYONE HAVE PHOTOS AND INFO POSTED

a few things. one, what type of shrimp? two, don't use all caps. three, there is a category for this in the forum.

a few things. one, what type of shrimp? two, don't use all caps. three, there is a category for this in the forum.
A FEW THINGS BACK TO YA. ONE, DON'T KNOW, ONE THAT WILL FIT IN WITH WHAT I'VE GOT. THAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING. TWO, I'LL USE ALL CAPS IF THE MOOD TAKES ME. THREE. IT FOUND THE FORUM......OH YES AND FOUR, DO LIGHTEN UP :yahoo:

Caps typically means that your shouting. If people get annoyed, nobody may answer your questions if you keep using caps. So if your feel like using caps, then people may feel like not answering your questions. Your choice.

Caps typically means that your shouting. If people get annoyed, nobody may answer your questions if you keep using caps. So if your feel like using caps, then people may feel like not answering your questions. Your choice.
doresy i would read this carefully! typing in caps has been seen as shouting, since the inception of the net.

I second what others have said here. But just as an aside, I would probably avoid saying "heavily planted" if your plants are artificial. True heavily planted tanks containing real plants respond very differently to tank stimuli, and you could potentially get bad advice from a poster as they might assume that you have real plants. Just my two cents,

best,
mike

We need to know pH of the tank water, how long it has been set up, and if you need to buy the shrimp from your lfs r if ordering them online would be ok :) . And stop using caps, it can be considered as rude .

I second what others have said here. But just as an aside, I would probably avoid saying "heavily planted" if your plants are artificial. True heavily planted tanks containing real plants respond very differently to tank stimuli, and you could potentially get bad advice from a poster as they might assume that you have real plants. Just my two cents,

best,
mike
Ok, thanks for the heads up on the heavily planted thing although I thought I had covered it by stating artificial :good:

ok, so I understand using caps somewhere in a sentence may indicate shouting but if all written in caps....well jeeez people are so touchy and PC. :shout: POINT TAKEN! everyone. can I get on with my post now :lol:

We need to know pH of the tank water, how long it has been set up, and if you need to buy the shrimp from your lfs r if ordering them online would be ok :) . And stop using caps, it can be considered as rude .
i think i will just go to my LFS.. :crazy: .(oh my god...i mean lfs) it will be easier! I would say it's been fun......

If you got a choice go for a bamboo shrimp, ive had the most sucess with them, ive had algea shrimp (think thats what their called) and they dont seem to last very long with me, although they where a lot more active then my bamboo shrimps are :huh:

i think i will just go to my LFS.. :crazy: .(oh my god...i mean lfs) it will be easier! I would say it's been fun......

works for me :hyper:

ok, so I understand using caps somewhere in a sentence may indicate shouting but if all written in caps....well jeeez people are so touchy and PC. :shout: POINT TAKEN! everyone. can I get on with my post now :lol:

If you don't know someone and they start shouting at the room, you would consider that person rude. It's allot different that going to your friend's place and shouting, becuase you both know each other.

A forum is a gathering place where people come together who have the same hobbies. It's much like going to a public gathering or club. Many new people enter the room that do not know you, since it's usually best to give a good impression of yourself.

JaPoNJiCaS...
aka Takashi Amano Shrimp (Atyidae) (Caradina Japonica)

SoRrY i HaVe HiCcUpS...

AnDy

PS
My little shrimp are the ultimate escape artists. I lost 3 through my COVERED tank. Until I taped up all the holes....
BTW, Never quite understood why people get so ticked off by the use of caps.

Are you going to go in and shout at them? :lol: ;)
But still need to know pH of the tank water and how long it has been set up :) .

Most reactions

Back