Show Us Your Christmas Tree.....

Will post some pictures once the lights are turned on.

Alessa x.

We really can`t be bothered to put the Tree up this year (Bah Humbug) so here`s a pic from last year :lol:

We really can`t be bothered to put the Tree up this year (Bah Humbug) so here`s a pic from last year :lol:

The "Bah Humbug" expression seems to catch on everywhere, and allthough we are 6 hours ahead of USA and 2hrs ahead of UK.... we are still 2 decades behind the world here in SA..... origin and use???.... (I'll inform the rest of SA)

The "Bah Humbug" expression seems to catch on everywhere, and allthough we are 6 hours ahead of USA and 2hrs ahead of UK.... we are still 2 decades behind the world here in SA..... origin and use???.... (I'll inform the rest of SA)

I can`t remember the last time I actually looked forward to and enjoyed a Christmas to be honest. I spent a lot of years as a single Mum and trying to afford to give my kids a good Christmas with decent presents took it`s toll and it took all the fun out of it for me. Christmas became nothing more than a time of year to stress and worry about finances and I guess I`ve never got that 'fun Christmas' feeling back again :-(

Copied from atheist website:
`The phrase “Bah, Humbug” is today connected solely to Christmas due to Charles Dickens’ character Scrooge, and most people think it represents a general denunciation of others’ having a good time. The word humbug actually means “something intended to deceive, a fraud; an impostor; nonsense, rubbish; pretense, deception.” This word has value which should be reclaimed, and the purpose of this exercise is to point out some of the pretense, deception, and nonsense in modern Christmas celebrations'. ;)

Thanks for that detailed explanation Elise..... I am now an enlightened South African...... and I sincerely hope something turns up to enlighten your 25th so that it is not a "Bah Humbug" day in your house..... Good luck.

Thanks for that detailed explanation Elise..... I am now an enlightened South African...... and I sincerely hope something turns up to enlighten your 25th so that it is not a "Bah Humbug" day in your house..... Good luck.

No worries Ludwig :)

Now my kids have grown up a fair bit Christmas doesn`t seem so bad any more. I still don`t enjoy it mind, but being with hubby keeps me smiling, it`s not all bad :D

Heres my tree
i2christmas_tree.png

Here is my christmas tree in our living room.
Note baby #92###( :) ) to the left and my awful tank to the right :sick: :lol:
P1020728-1.jpg

EDIT: I don't know why the word J>E>S>U>S has been blocked :grr:

"Bah humbug" is quite an old expression, Ludwig! It comes from Charles Dickens's 'A Christmas Carol', published in 1843! It's used by the main character, Ebenezer Scrooge, to express his irritation with the festive season :)

Here is Ours just before the dismantling began :)

053.jpg

Here is ours, the missus has been meaning to put up the pic but I beat her too it lol.

Randoms295.jpg

Most reactions

Back