Show Off Your Tank!

Your plants melted ugh! :eek:uch:
Looks good though.

So I had a small tank which was nice but I somewhat expectedly acquired a new, much larger one:

2012-06-02223533.jpg

2012-06-02223550.jpg

2012-06-02223529.jpg

it isnt quite finished yet but I am very happy with it so far

Looks nice! I'd post some more of mine, but at the moment they all look the same as before.

Here's a couple of my tank not the best of pics but I'll put some more up when I get the chance

5ea922eb.jpg

a3f18892.jpg

And here's what my next tank is going to look like ( much to the wife's disgust hehehehe)

fishtankbuild1.jpg

Wow Bassboi, that last tank looks like it will be very very nice! How many US gallons is it?

Sweet! What stock do you have planned?

Might I suggest Angels and Pearl Gouramis due to the height?

Sweet! What stock do you have planned?

Might I suggest Angels and Pearl Gouramis due to the height?

i have been looking at angels as my friend has 4 in his tank and i think they maybe showing signs of mating so i might be lucky enough to get some off of him if everything works out. are mollies, guppies ok with angels if i do decide to keep angels ??

and im not sure on what to stock really i want it to be colourful but not sure what to go for ill be moving my current stock over from my 100L tank so ill deffo need some more as it will look empty

and im not sure on what to stock really i want it to be colourful but not sure what to go for ill be moving my current stock over from my 100L tank so ill deffo need some more as it will look empty

I've been told that Angels go well with Pearl Gouramis. Both appreciate similar water parameters. Mollies like a little aquarium salt in their water although they can do fine without too. Platies might be a better option than Mollies since they're more colorful.

Three Spot Gouramis aka Blue, Opaline, Gold & Lavender Gouramis also work well with Angels. You could add a trio of 1 male & 2 or more females. This might be a nice option since you can add a Gold male & mix up the colors by adding 1 gold, 1 opaline, & 1 blue females. That would give a good amount of color.

If your substrate is sand you can add quite a few Corys to that mix to give your tank some bottom dwellers that are usually very active & fun to watch. Not the most colorful though.

Finally, you can add Dwarf Gouramis or Honey Gouramis but I wouldn't recommend that if you add Three Spot Gouramis. The Honeys & Dwarfs wouldn't stand a chance but you could keep Dwarf G's or Honey G's with Pearl G's.

A tank that size needs a big school of Tetras in my humble opinion & Angels go well with Black Skirt Tetras & Serpae Tetras. With a tank that big you should be able to add 10-12 and still have plenty of room for other fish.

Good luck!

I've been told that Angels go well with Pearl Gouramis. Both appreciate similar water parameters. Mollies like a little aquarium salt in their water although they can do fine without too. Platies might be a better option than Mollies since they're more colorful.

Three Spot Gouramis aka Blue, Opaline, Gold & Lavender Gouramis also work well with Angels. You could add a trio of 1 male & 2 or more females. This might be a nice option since you can add a Gold male & mix up the colors by adding 1 gold, 1 opaline, & 1 blue females. That would give a good amount of color.

If your substrate is sand you can add quite a few Corys to that mix to give your tank some bottom dwellers that are usually very active & fun to watch. Not the most colorful though.

Finally, you can add Dwarf Gouramis or Honey Gouramis but I wouldn't recommend that if you add Three Spot Gouramis. The Honeys & Dwarfs wouldn't stand a chance but you could keep Dwarf G's or Honey G's with Pearl G's.

A tank that size needs a big school of Tetras in my humble opinion & Angels go well with Black Skirt Tetras & Serpae Tetras. With a tank that big you should be able to add 10-12 and still have plenty of room for other fish.

Good luck!

Cool thanks for your advice I'll defo take your advice on board as all advice is experience that is greatly valued by myself :good:

starting to mature now
d650b55b.jpg

db126a6b.jpg

7c22eee2.jpg

I love your tank I can't wait to get my one built in

Basboi, here's a link to a site that has a compatibility search engine:

http://tropicalfishandaquariums.com/Compatibility/MatchResults.php

Keep in mind that just because "fish A" and "fish B" get along well with Angels doesn't mean that fish A & fish B get along with each other. For instance Serpae Tetras or Black Skirt Tetras get along fine with Angels but they don't do well with each other according to the chart.

Most reactions

Back