Shells

jayjay

The BE-Team Fighting For Betta Extermination
Reaction score
Hey,

What shells do people use for there shell dwellers or what do they reccomend? I've setup a multi tank, 3 multies, what I think are 1male and 2 females using 6 shells. Anyone selling shells? Escargot would be the ones to use I presume and alot of them?

Cheers.

I use whale eyes. My L. stappersi seem to prefer those to the "proper" Neothauma shells in there. I got mine from this site and was impressed with the quality.

Wow what beautiful shells. I'm def going to order myself some from there when I set my tank up, if they export them that is. Great site :good:

I like those, Cheffi did you see if they export?

These seem like the best I've found so far -

extra large

slighty smaller ones

Any thoughts?

I've emailed them jayjay to see if they do. Did you check the other thread where I posted a couple of links for shells in the UK. I'm not so keen on the l'escargot shells myself but I'm sure they would look ok. I'm after something a bit more unusual. :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those are beautiful shells!

Escargot are a great substitute, they are fairly similar in shape and size to the real Neothauma from L. Tanganyika. They are reasonably cheap and best of all the contents are delicious!

Please let me now when they reply Cheffi :) I wasn't so keen on the other shells on the other thread personally but love the ones on Teelie's link.

Those are beautiful shells!

Escargot are a great substitute, they are fairly similar in shape and size to the real Neothauma from L. Tanganyika. They are reasonably cheap and best of all the contents are delicious!

:sick: nasty chewy things :sick:

Please let me now when they reply Cheffi :) I wasn't so keen on the other shells on the other thread personally but love the ones on Teelie's link.

Will do, if they will post might be worth getting both lots sent in one package and save on postage possibly.

Yeah, I'd be up for getting both lot's together, I will be getting about 50 shells if I order off them, depending on p&p.

I was going to get the "very large" escargot shells from ebay, but do you think it's worth it when you put the postage on? it would be near enough fifteen quid on 36 shells!

EDIT- *very

It's only just down the road for me so I could probably pick up :) Though for now I may use garden snail shells as a temporary measure.

Wow! Teelie, thanks for the link. It is in my favorites pet folder.

I grow some of my own. Not nearly enough to start a shellie tank, but large Apple shells are nice and free. I am starting to put them with the dwarf pets.

Most reactions

Back