Sharing

myenigmaself

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just moved my tanks from the upstairs dining room to the basement rec-room. The kicker is I put the tanks right in the wall! I don't think they'll be going anywhere for a while. Just wanted to share:)

Side shot

Attachments

• ft1.jpg
    ft1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 67
  • ft2.jpg
    ft2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 74
Thanks! The tanks are 55g with a 29g sump.

The 55 houses:
5 Figure 8 Puffers
1 (temporary) Green Spotted Puffer
10 Red Chromides
~15 Bumble Bee Gobies
1 Mystery Goby
1 Silver Male Sailfin Molly
1 Black/Oreo Female Sailfin Molly

The 29 houses:
A hand full of pond snails
Hundreds of Malaysian Trumpet Snails
1 Juvenile Sailfin Molly (child of the afore mentioned mollies)
Pond "Scum" (I hate that term, I love this plant!)
Lots of Green Hair Algae
Java Fern
Java Moss
Anubias

It turned out great, if I do say so myself. I still have some additional trim I plan on putting up, but it's well worth the effort. My home office is actually just across the room, so I can now enjoy the tanks all day.

Thanks for the feedback :good:

Those are the tank sizes I have. I've always wanted to put my tanks in the wall. Thats very cool^^

Your tanks are very cool^^

Im a big fan of tanks in walls, you have pulled it off very well, the chromides look a treat in your tank, i saw some in my lfs for the first time the other week, makes me want to set up a new tank :rolleyes:

Adam

10 Months later and I finally got around to framing the tanks. I'll be doing a little routing work for some detailed finish and then staining probably within the next week.

GEDC1100.JPG

GEDC1102.JPG

Done and done. Finished the trim work (thanks to a great guy who let me borrow his router) and added a little stain to boot. I give myself a B-, considering I was flying by the seat of my pants for most of it :rolleyes:

GEDC1124small.jpg

GEDC1126small.jpg

GEDC1127small.jpg

GEDC1128small.jpg

GEDC1129small.jpg

Most reactions

Back