Setting up a new tank

Tropical Tony

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

first post I’ve just purchased a Ciano Emotions 80 (142 litres) and I’m looking to make it a planted tropical tank. I’m looking at keeping a nice community tank but lookingfor tank mate suggestions.

Im definitely looking at putting cardinals and Rams in there but stuck on just them at the moment. I don’t want any live bearers in there. Apart from that open to suggestions.
Thanks.

Before we can help with stocking, we need to know your GH (general hardness)
You should be able to find this information on your local water providers website :)

If you go for bolivian rams (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) you could add some corys - you would still have to check temperature compatability. German rams (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi) need the water too warm for this to work. TBH that is probably enough for this size tank, assuming decent sized shoals of cardinals and corys.

:hi: Welcome to TFF.

Agree with above posts...the temperature is the critical issue if common (blue) rams are intended; cardinal tetra are fine, as would be the green neon tetra (but not the basic neon tetra). Cories will not work here because of the warmth.

What are the tank dimensions? This can make a difference, more than volume (142 liters, 37 gallons).

Most reactions

Back