Sea Monkeys

This advertisement from an old comic book always makes me laugh.

"... we even show you how to teach them to obey your commands like a pack of friendly trained seals." :lol:

sea_monkeys.jpg

Well, i've just harvested my triops that had grown very fast! I put one in my tropical tank and there was a fight between my head + tail tetra, but 'big momma' my massive head + tail finished it off in about 30 seconds and them I put one in my brackish tank with my Figure 8 Puffer and he went mad!! He ripped it too shreads and loved it!! Took him about 20 seconds to complety destroy and eat a 1-1.5" triop! (the biggest I had) Plus, he had to chase it first which was great for me to watch and great fun for the Puffer! Really good idea to grow your own triops/sea monkeys!

i remember that ad too :lol:

i also remember reading something about triops having absolutely no worthwhile nutrition so far as feeding fish goes...

What do triops eat. Sometmes what the feeder eats is worthwhile I know alot of people "gutload" ghost shrimp before feeding them to their fish.

I feed mine these little Triop Pellets!

They may not have much, if any, nutritional value but they are fun to grow and fun the watch as the fish chase them. Also, it provides a little more of a natural feel to feeding time for my Puffer, him having to chase his dinner is much better than me simply plopping in defrosted bloodworm etc. Some may say that buying live bloodworm is also a great way of feeding fish live foods but there isn't ever much of a chase.. with triops there is! It's exciting to watch and great exercise for the Puffer and any other fish that you feed them too... and Triops/Sea-Moneys aren't expensive :D A great buy!

Most reactions

Back