Screwcumber?

lots of members cant say enough good things about the screwcumber

You could always cover one of the ends with plastic. I think it looks like a wonderful idea.

I use them and they are good, havent had a problem with the sharp end.

Yeah, I took one look at that, went to my local store, bought a wine bottle opener (for £1.00) and snapped off the cork-screw part. I attached a little bit of plastic to the rough end, and 'viola' my own screwcumber for next to nothing.

well in the pic they have a BN trying to feed of it and its crammed between the bars.

so i really dont think my 12" common plec would appreciate it.

i find a little bit of led through the bottom works fine and then the whole cucumber can be eaten.

they seem good, but i find a metal teaspoon skewered through veg does the same job
Yeah, I took one look at that, went to my local store, bought a wine bottle opener (for £1.00) and snapped off the cork-screw part. I attached a little bit of plastic to the rough end, and 'viola' my own screwcumber for next to nothing.
yep providing its a stainless steal

well in the pic they have a BN trying to feed of it and its crammed between the bars.

so i really dont think my 12" common plec would appreciate it.

i find a little bit of led through the bottom works fine and then the whole cucumber can be eaten.
seems the best all round solution to me. cheap effective and SMALL. cant see the point of paying for something, the above solutions offer a solution for free, or next to it. most lfs will give you some plant lead, if you ask.

I just use a sea shell..........

the long ones the are twisted up to the top, I screw this in, fill it with water and i'm done....

I used a metal clip before..... It rusted so i'm staying away from anything metal...

I just blanch mine in hot water and it goes to the bottom, no hassels.

i use an allen key.

i poke the long end through the cucumber and the short end i bury in the gravel so it cant get moved

works perfect

that sounds like a great idea, any particular type of allen key (stailless steel etc..) or just an ordinarry run of the mill one

Most reactions

Back