Screwcumber?

that sounds like a great idea, any particular type of allen key (stailless steel etc..) or just an ordinarry run of the mill one
A clean one! many tools are shipped with a film of oil, which (I'd think) wouldn't help the water! Because they need to be strong to do their "real" job I'd think that most keys would be some sort of hardened steel ( which does rust), but maybe someone with more engineering experience than I will suggest a source.

Gordon

that sounds like a great idea, any particular type of allen key (stailless steel etc..) or just an ordinarry run of the mill one
A clean one! many tools are shipped with a film of oil, which (I'd think) wouldn't help the water! Because they need to be strong to do their "real" job I'd think that most keys would be some sort of hardened steel ( which does rust), but maybe someone with more engineering experience than I will suggest a source.

Gordon

humm carbon steel in a high o2 water container. please do not use that!!! long term use will cause real problems!!!

Gordon

humm carbon steel in a high o2 water container. please do not use that!!! long term use will cause real problems!!!

guess thats not a gud idea then :blush:

could i use lead then, would that cause problems as well or am i being stupid :crazy:

A metal skewer, does the job fantastically, with the added bonus that you don't have to put your dirty hand in the tank to retrieve it, put something throught the loop at top end and hang that across the top of your tank! Works like a charm :good:

Gordon

guess thats not a gud idea then :blush:

could i use lead then, would that cause problems as well or am i being stupid :crazy:

plant lead is fine.

Most reactions

Back