Schwartzi Cory Not Well

drooke

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Schwartzi Cory which I bought about two weeks ago. It seems to hide away a lot and when I can see it, it's not very active. I have noticed that it doesn't seem to be able to swim very well, it looks like its struggling.

I have an Albino Cory too and this seems quite happy in my tank, as do my other fish. Any ideas what may be the problem?

24022009322.jpg

Size of tank in gallons or lites.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Does he look pale or darker in colour.
Does he looked bloated.
What do his barbels or whiskers look like.
Any red streaking, sores, or red patches on the cory.
Is he leaning to oneside.

Bless him corys are prone to bacterial infections by the looks of him it could be bacterial.

Size of tank in gallons or lites.
How many fish and which type.
Water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Does he look pale or darker in colour.
Does he looked bloated.
What do his barbels or whiskers look like.
Any red streaking, sores, or red patches on the cory.
Is he leaning to oneside.

Bless him corys are prone to bacterial infections by the looks of him it could be bacterial.

Thanks for the reply. Answers below:

Tank size 125L

The fish I have: 2 x Angels, 2 x Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 5 x Neon Tetras, 5 x Lemon Tetras, 1 x Neon Swordtail, 2 x Red Platys, 1 x Albino Cory, 1 x Schwartzi Cory

I don't have a test kit for the stats I'm afraid.

In terms of condition, he looks in really good condition except for part of his tail fin is missing.

Tonight, he seems to be much more sociable and seems to be swimming very well. Let's hope things keep getting better.

I would take a sample of your water to the lfs and ask them to write the results down for you.
Also I would strongly suggest in investing in some liquid test kits.

Most reactions

Back