Save Money On Your Electricity Bill (Uk)

codheadjohn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've recently bought one of these devices and it works brilliantly. Average save is about reportedly 10% per year, but my bill was 15% lower in power usage than the same period the previous year. The higher the bill, the more you save, so I assume this is of great interest to people with fish rooms and high power set ups.

http://www.vphase.co.uk/

Sort of...

The 'average' tank setups power consumption is very low (thermostatically controlled heater in a slow to change environment, timed flourescent or LED lighting, powered filter with low power motor, possibly a diaphragm air pump...) these equate to much less than using your household lights, washing machine, fridge etc. where a device like this is useful.

However, it might prove useful to large setups and multiple tank syndromes... (and marine)

Sort of...

The 'average' tank setups power consumption is very low (thermostatically controlled heater in a slow to change environment, timed flourescent or LED lighting, powered filter with low power motor, possibly a diaphragm air pump...) these equate to much less than using your household lights, washing machine, fridge etc. where a device like this is useful.

However, it might prove useful to large setups and multiple tank syndromes... (and marine)

By my very rough calculations, my 240l tank costs £90 a year in electricity. At the average 10% they state, it's £9 for my tank, so people with several tanks, large tanks and high energy set ups, it's a significant saving. Also saves on power used for all appliances in the house.

I was just sharing the find, but for a £300 fee (less on ebay and self installed), it can save you a lot of money and carbon footprint over a few years.

Most reactions

Back