[Sale] 7X/15X Amazon Frogbit Plants (1+ Inches In Diameter)

Oh dear. Very sorry to hear that. Royal Mail has become a bit of a joke of late. You must have got an email from paypal when the postage label for the plants was created. Posted it off the very next day (must have been Jan 17th), so its been a while. It'll probably arrive at your end in a few days in an almost petrified state. Think Mogs26 managed to revive a few that arrived late for her so you might also want to give it a shot.
I did indeed-quite surprising considering the state it was in-I managed to salvage a few tiny leaves which now have little roots-not big enough to be interesting to the rainbows-so safe for the minute!!!

any chance you could let me know if you get anymore, i would be looking for around 15?

thanks Lil

I would like some of these as well when they become available. :)

Hi,

Once available i would very much some of these but am a little worried about something you say in your first post. You state they are grown in a shrimp safe tank. I'm looking at adding some shrimp at a later date and obviously dont want the plants eaten :(

Hi,

Once available i would very much some of these but am a little worried about something you say in your first post. You state they are grown in a shrimp safe tank. I'm looking at adding some shrimp at a later date and obviously dont want the plants eaten :(

The tank is safe FOR shrimp rather than safe FROM shrimp :lol: Apologies if my terminology was misleading, the 'shrimp safe' term is used among shrimp keeping hobbyists.
Shrimps are highly sensitive to copper and many other additives that are sometimes added to planted tanks as a snailicide or fertiliser. For folk who keep shrimp it's important that plants come from a 'shrimp safe' tank. Otherwise the plants would need to be soaked for a couple of weeks with continual water changes to get rid of harmful chemicals.

I once chucked plants I bought online into a shrimp tank after soaking them in a bucket for only 3-4 days. The shrimp were keeling over in just 5 minutes! Fortunately removing the plants and a massive water change reduced casulties to a handful. But it's a lesson well learned - one can never be too careful when it comes to shrimp tanks. Even toxins at trace levels can affect shrimps, at best causing them to stop breeding and at worst killing them in a few minutes.

Shrimp have a 'jump' reflex that is triggered when chased which seems to be also fired when under extreme stress. Watching out for this behaviour can be helpful if you are unsure whether new plants are completely safe.

I would be interested in half a batch if possible please :)

Most reactions

Back