Sad day at our house

wuvmybetta

Caw!!
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Well, we lost our Fishy today. He was my daughters very first betta and the fish who is to blame for our betta crazed household. We had him for a little over 2 years and he was a dollface. He will be sorely missed.

RIP Fishy Pishy. :( :-(

OMG!

Im so sorry to hear that I still havent loss the fish that started the whole Betta craze too. But my god u must feel so SAD! :byebye:

I am sad. I knew he was on his way out for quite sometime. He was literally falling apart...well not literally but he had everything under the sun wrong with him...but at the same time,nothing wrong at all. His scales were all sticking out...but no dropsy. He had a huge tumor on his side. A weird white spot between his eyes but no fungus :dunno: I was treating him but that was only a band-aid to prolong his life.

I knew last night was it. I had stopped by his tank and talked to him for a few minutes,then I told him I loved him and blocked his tank from the others so he could be alone.

Fishy is the betta that my user name refers to. I'll always wuv him :wub:

wuvmybetta said:
I am sad. I knew he was on his way out for quite sometime. He was literally falling apart...well not literally but he had everything under the sun wrong with him...but at the same time,nothing wrong at all. His scales were all sticking out...but no dropsy. He had a huge tumor on his side. A weird white spot between his eyes but no fungus :dunno: I was treating him but that was only a band-aid to prolong his life.

I knew last night was it. I had stopped by his tank and talked to him for a few minutes,then I told him I loved him and blocked his tank from the others so he could be alone.

Fishy is the betta that my user name refers to. I'll always wuv him :wub:
Awww

I feel so sad right now... :sad: :-( :sad:

Do u have a pic of him for all to adore?

:-( that really makes me want to cry

you have such love for your bettas wuv :wub: they are really luckyt o have you :)

JoKeR said:
Awww

I feel so sad right now... :sad: :-( :sad:

Do u have a pic of him for all to adore?
I'll search around my pics. I tried to take some a couple of months ago but he looked horrible.

Thanks for caring you guys :wub: Tuesday and I appreciate it more than you know.

:-(

I'm so sorry kelly, I'm sure he had a special place in both you and your daughters hearts. At least he had a wonderful life with you, that's the best we can do for our fish with such short lifespans.

Linda

I'm so sorry for you and your daughter's loss. Think, though, of all the smiling betta faces, all the funny antics, all the grumpy flares and mating dances, all the joys of new fry and watching them grow up - all of these you two have thanks to Fishy. He may be gone, but his legacy lives on every day, in each of those jars and tanks you gaze into, in each betta face.

cation said:
I'm so sorry for you and your daughter's loss. Think, though, of all the smiling betta faces, all the funny antics, all the grumpy flares and mating dances, all the joys of new fry and watching them grow up - all of these you two have thanks to Fishy. He may be gone, but his legacy lives on every day, in each of those jars and tanks you gaze into, in each betta face.
Maybe you should see if Hallmark has a place for you Cation... when you said that it seemed like I was there too! It made me all onion-eyed :-( ... that's not cool since I'm at work right now...

On another note: I'm sorry for you and your daughter's loss wuv. I'm sure he led a wonderful life since he got to live it with you and your family. I'm sure no one would've been able to care or love him as much as you all do :-( Cheer up and know that he loved the life you were able to give him and loved you as much as much a betta could love.

:rip:

I'm so sorry wuv. But its wonderful he was part of your life -- I'm sure he brought you much joy, and he was happy to have such a good home and to be loved so much.

I'm all teary-eyed from reading these posts...

tekknocolor said:
cation said:
Maybe you should see if Hallmark has a place for you Cation... when you said that it seemed like I was there too! It made me all onion-eyed :-(
Hey,you're not lying.
That was lovely,cation.Thank you :wub:

Thanks you guys :wub:

Here's the only picture of Fishy that I can find :/
post-22-1065914524.jpg

wuv, so sorry to read this post - :-( It's truly suprising how these little creatures can get so close to our hearts, and are so sorely missed when they pass on to the fishtank in the sky.

Thanks gada :wub: and thank you too,psgill. Tuesday handled it like a champ (better than me I think -_- ) :)

It really is amazing what an impact he had on us.

Most reactions

Back