River Reef 94L Let The Fun Begin

Tony_essex

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My names tony been keeping tropical tanks for 10 years but now decided to go for a small marine setup the setup im gettin is the River reef 94l

will be gettin my tank next weekend it is already setup and running buying it off a friend of seffie who needs to move and cant take take with him

tanks come with

10KG LiveRock

Corals
toadstool,
green star polyp,
pulse coral

Fish
2x clown fish,
snails,
hermit crab
worms
brittlestars
small urchin

In the rear chambers:
1. Carbon and wirewool - Rowaphos
2. Heater
3. Live rock rubble and protein skimmer
4. Two powerheads.

wave maker i think in tank
small powerhead inside the tank aswell

Comes with lots of bits and bobs Test kits - food and so on

also would like to split the lights up so i can put them on timers seen somewhere this can be done

thank you for any help or advice and look forward to gettin my tank

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

:hi: to the salty side.

looks good :good:

bet you cant wait to get stuck in

lol cheers mate and nope cant wait till sat when round tonight to pick few of the estras up to save takin everything on sat , tank looks lovely the 2 clowns look very happy feeding very well and very active

tony

well tbh not 2 sure yet deff few more corals but dunno what yet need to look in to the coral side of things bit more

would like 1/2 mpre fish tho and few more cuc but again not to sure what seen few ppl have gobys or blennys and i like both :)

also want to mod the hood abit do the light and fan mod and maybe even change the lightin for aquarays

any advice welcome :)

Tony

:crazy:you could get lots more corals if ya like.
I would say 1 more fish probally but in not a expert .:crazy: might even like a shrimp and goby pair :hyper:
could get more CUC, might like to get an emerald crab?

im no good with lights, not changed mine

you might even want a cleaner shrimp, there so cool :good:

ill have a look at the cleaner shrimp and emerald crab not sure how many cuc i can have , as for fish i seen lot of ppl have 4 main fish in the RR's

just started lookin at your journal will have a read tomorrow night been up most nights lookin tho every1s lol

Tony

Welcome to the salty side! Its all very exciting! SO much to take in! Lots of bits and bobs your getting in that picture!!! I love looking though boxes of goodies :D

Good luck with picking it up!

Nice purple background it has ;) haha!

A shrimp and goby pair would be nice in there as fishy said, they are interesting to watch, check out some youtube vids!

cheers mate lucky for me heonly lives 5 mins away so all should be ok

so 2 gobys i was not sure if u could have 2 but not really looked in to that lol i seen a few diff colours but guess depends what lfs has in stock at time

Tony

:hi:

I believe that there are some gobys that will live together, but you can get a pair with a shrimp (1 male 1 female goby and a shrimp) they all pair up together and make a group but these can be expensive due to them being hard fish to pair.

:thanks:

i think you could eventually end up with 4 fish, but dont go mad and add them each week, say add 1 a month t let LR keep with the bioload.
prohaps fire fish and a goby and shrimp.

Tony, only one goby in a tank that size - goby/shrimp combos are interesting to watch but can cause havoc when the shrimp digs a tunnel under your live rock and everything falls over :blink: However I would want a goby or a blenny and then one more fish :good:

can i have goby and blenny ?

and beginin to hate a diff forum already who would of thought buyin second hand marine bits was so much hard work and there are so many ******* out there lol sorry for that but little pissed of lol

Anyway how long does other RR owners have there lights on and what lights for how long ?

Tony

I turn my lights on when I get up, they are on all day, turn them off about between 7/8 oclock but leave the blue aquarays on till I go to bed

Seffie x

sorry you are having so many problems, to be honest and fingers crossed I have never had a problem buying second hand, as long as you research the seller (read their journel etc) but have heard of problems on UR

Seffie x

Im starting to have little faith in some people 2nd hand! I see a lot of posts where they end up selling to the last person to comment rather than the first to show interest or completely ignoring a post from someone! Half the time its a battle to fastest fingers first haha! Everyone wants the good deals!
Hope you sort it out! :D

Most reactions

Back