River Creek 22g

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beautiful tanks!
It's like having a mini forest and stream in your house...
I guess your tanks are more interesting than the television...
Thanks

Your not wrong, i hardly watch tv anymore. I just drift away looking at the fish :)

Actually Panduro is also very beautiful especially the female that has striking yellow.
I was looking into the Panduro's more last night actually and they are stunning:wub:. I think the fact the females are so colourful aswel makes them even more appealing.

A sore note for me tho is they seem to need softer water than other Apistos which would mean i would have to use RO water to have them :(

Last edited:
By the way, if you want to consult some Apistogrammas experts, you can try this forum:

One of the expert there is Mike Wise. He is like our Colin in this forum.

Here is a good website about Apistogrammas species:

Last edited:
By the way, if you want to consult some Apistogrammas experts, you can try this forum:

One of the expert there is Mike Wise. He is like our Colin(in this forum) but he specialized more in Apistogramma.

Here is a good website about Apistogrammas species:
Much appreciated :thanks:

Also FWIW yesterday when I was searching for local breeders I came across what seems to be a fairly active UK apistos farcebook group. Never saved the link cos I'm not into social media - but there were loads of nice pics on there.

20200612_071450.jpg

Final plants gone in today and ive thinned down the water spangle. Ive also added a Ink bird temp controller.
20200613_180829.jpg

So all ready now for some apisto's which i might go and collect tomorrow if i have time :D

Black neons are still top choice for dither fish but im contemplating putting my last group of cardinals in with them:fish:

View attachment 106924
Final plants gone in today and ive thinned down the water spangle. Ive also added a Ink bird temp controller.
View attachment 106926
So all ready now for some apisto's which i might go and collect tomorrow if i have time :D

Black neons are still top choice for dither fish but im contemplating putting my last group of cardinals in with them:fish:
That is beautiful!

I forgot to mention one thing if you are planning to breed the Apistogrammas.
If you buy a pair of them, they may not necessarily pair up.
I had kept a few pairs of different species of Apistogrammas in the past but none of them had paired up.

Most people suggest buying a few female for each male.
But when they breed, the female that is breeding will become very aggressive and may cause problems for the female that is not breeding.

And I also heard something like, most Tetras might attack/eat the fry of Apistogramma (even the Cardinal Tetras). The Corydoras might steal their eggs at night or may get beaten up badly by the Apisto.

You might want to ask Colin or the people in Apistogrammas forum for advice on this. They should know what to do.

Last edited:
Really nice set up, like the floating plants really add to the look. You did a good job with the tank itself, looks like new.

I forgot to mention one thing if you are planning to breed the Apistogrammas.
If you buy a pair of them, they may not necessarily pair up.
I had kept a few pairs of different species of Apistogrammas in the past but none of them had paired up.

Most people suggest buying a few female for each male.
But when they breed, the female that is breeding will become very aggressive and may cause problems for the female that is not breeding.

And I also heard something like, most Tetras might attack/eat the fry of Apistogramma (even the Cardinal Tetras). The Corydoras might steal their eggs at night or may get beaten up badly by the Apisto.

You might want to ask Colin or the people in Apistogrammas forum for advice on this. They should know what to do.
Im easy with whatever outcome happens to be honest. If they breed that will be nice but im ok if they dont.

Not decided whether im going for a pair or a trio yet but if i did go for the trio ive got a back up plan for a female if it did go pear shaped :)

Really nice set up, like the floating plants really add to the look. You did a good job with the tank itself, looks like new.
Cheers RV :good: Im pretty happy with it and ive enjoyed the project of bring it back to its former glory.

Well ive loved today :wub: ...i get to finish early fridays at work and while i was out my new car got delivered:yahoo:

So for the first test drive i drove over to my LFS and made it a new fish day too :D:D:fish:happy days.

Ive gone for more Cardinals to up my existing group and a pair of Apistogramma Panduro's.

It was between them and macmasteri's but once i saw the Panduro's it wasnt much of a contest o_O the female alone was enough to make my jaw drop to the floor. Just Beautiful

20200620_080830.jpg
20200620_080755.jpg
20200620_080738.jpg
20200620_080200.jpg
20200620_080402.jpg
20200620_080439.jpg
20200620_080517.jpg
20200620_080547.jpg
20200620_080651.jpg

A few early snaps after a night to bed in. Will take some more once they have all settled in further. (Might invest in a desent camera due to my phone shots are awful in live mode:snap:)

Apisto's have spent most time apart so far but did have some kind of interaction go on last night with the male flicking his tail at the female.

Cardinals look really good in this tank and so far have schooled a round nicely. Both specie's so far have just gone about their own business without bothering the other so thats pleasing.

I think i may need more Cardinals tho :p

Last edited:
Fantastic!
I like Panduro more than Macmasteri.
I used to have both of them but the gill flukes killed them a few years ago.

I bought a male Cacatuoides Orange Flash yesterday.
It's a beautiful fish.
Usually they are sold in pair.
I guess during the lockdown the female had died and they are left with only the male.
But it's an advantage to me as I only want the flashy male.

Most reactions

Back